Volunteer Opportunities-Ballad Health
Potential Volunteer Opportunities at Johnston Memorial Hospital
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation - Working with patients in their exercise program, assist with clerical support as needed.
- Women’s Imaging Center- Reception and clerical support
- Medical Plaza Reception - Greet and direct patients/visitors entering the Medical Plaza. Escort/transport assistance as needed.
- Emergency Department - Rounding on patients/visitors, offer comfort items as needed, assistance with wheelchairs/beds.
- Main Information Desk- Greeting/directing/escorting patients and visitors to service areas, offering room number assistance, wheelchair transport as needed.
- Short Stay- Escort patients to and from short stay, stocking, making beds, etc.
- PCU/CCU Reception - Greeting and directing patients. Waiting room attendant, support to visitors in the waiting area.
- Coffee Shop - Making coffee, specialty drinks, menu items, operation of POS system, stocking, light cleaning.
- Gift Shop - Sales, operation of POS system, stocking, pricing, light cleaning.
- Cancer Center/Oncology Unit - Offering comfort items/support to patients and families.
- Cancer Center/Front Reception - Greet patients/visitor upon entry. Check in patients to begin the registration process. Attend to the waiting area as needed.
- Courtesy Cart Driver-Transport visitors and staff to and from the various buildings to and from their vehicles.
- Diaper Program - Distribute cases of diapers to eligible participants twice a month.
- Clerical Support-Assemble admission packets for ED and inpatient units. Support to other departments as needed.
- Pet Therapy-Visit patients/visitors/staff as outlined in program requirements. Dog must be certified through an approved organization.
- Music -Volunteers perform (vocal/instrumental) in specified areas/times as scheduled. Must be approved and completed the orientation.