Directions for the Federal Direct Loans
Complete the following steps to complete all requirements for Federal Direct Loans.
- Review your Financial Aid Award Notification Letter for the loan amount.
- If you are accepting your Federal Direct Stafford Loan(s), complete your Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) by following these instructions:
- To complete the Entrance Counseling, go to Studentaid.gov.
- Click on “Log In” and enter your FSA ID and password.
- On the Home Page, select “COMPLETE AID PROCESS”, select “Complete Entrance Counseling”.
- Please read and follow directions carefully.
- Once you have submitted the counseling and printed your confirmation, select “Complete a Master Promissory Note” in the next steps sections on the same page.
- Select “Subsidized/Unsubsidized”, then click Start. Read and follow directions carefully. You will need to provide the name, address, and phone number for two personal references on the Master Promissory Note.
- Our office will be notified once you have completed the eMPN and Entrance Counseling. Once we receive notification, we will automatically process your maximum loan eligibility.
- If you wish to decrease the loan amounts listed on your award letter or decide at a later date to cancel your loan, please provide the Financial Aid Office with a completed and signed Stafford Loan Request form.
Please contact our office if you have any questions:
Financial Aid Office
PO Box 947
Emory, VA 24327