What are the basic requirements for FERPA?
- Student educational records are considered confidential and may not be released without the written consent of the student.
Educational records are NOT:
- Records that are in the sole possession of the maker
- Police records for law enforcement purpose.
- Certain medical or health records used for treatment purposes
- Other possible exceptions to alumnae and employment records
- Certain information is considered public as defined (within FERPA parameters) by the college (directory information).
At Emory & Henry, directory is defined as:
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Current Enrollment Status
- Class Standing
- Photos and/or Videos participating in E&H Activities
- Major & Minor Field(s) of study
- Dates of attendance
- Expected Graduation Date
- Honors awarded
- Height and weight (if an athlete)