Process for applying for a grant at Emory & Henry
Emory & Henry Grant Process
Below is the grant process for seeking and applying for funding at Emory & Henry College.
Finding Funding Opportunities
Complete the Grant Funding Search Request form. The purpose of the Grant Funding Search Request form is to notify your appropriate supervisor and the Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants of your interest in possibly pursuing grant funding for a proposed project/program. Upon approval of this form by your supervisor, please send it to the Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants via email with the appropriate signatures. Once received by the grants office, a preliminary search will begin for potential funding opportunities for the project. The Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants will provide the faculty/staff member with pertinent grant funding sources and information regarding the proposed project/program. The faculty/staff member will then decide whether or not to pursue a potential funding source. If they wish to pursue a potential funding source, please refer to the Grant Permission Process. To receive a copy of this form, contact Patty Hunt in the Advancement Office: email@example.com
Grant Permission Process
- If a grant is over $10,000 and/or requires a cost match by the college, the faculty/staff member must complete an Intent to Apply for a Grant form as described below and the form will be reviewed by the Grants Committee to receive permission to apply for the grant. To receive a copy of this form, contact Patty Hunt in the Advancement Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a grant is under $10,000 and does not require a cost match by the college, then a faculty/staff member is required to obtain permission from their Division Chair to apply for the Grant. Once permission is obtained from the Division Chair, the Vice President for Advancement (Joseph Taylor) is to be notified regarding the grant and sent the solicitation for review.
Intent to Apply for a Grant
- Intent to Apply for an External Grant form. The purpose of this form is so the Grants Committee (comprised of the President, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Vice President for Business Affairs and Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants) can decide if it is in the College’s best interest to authorize a grant proposal submission to proceed. An Intent to Apply for an External Grant form must be completed by the faculty/staff member for grants over $10,000 and/or requires a cost match component. The member will then obtain the endorsement of the Department Chair, Dean and/or immediate supervisor and their up-line Vice President. Once the form is completed and signatures obtained, submit the form via email to the Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants, who will review the form for presentation to the Grants Committee for approval. To receive a copy of this form, contact Patty Hunt in the Advancement Office: email@example.com
Applying for the Grant
- Upon approval to apply for a grant, it is the faculty/staff member’s responsibility to ensure that all parties involved in the project have the appropriate time to assist in the proposal. For example, any letters of support need to be obtained early in the process. If a letter of support from the College President is required, provide a draft of the letter to the Vice President of Advancement (Joseph Taylor) a minimum of 15 days before the proposal deadline.
- Proposal Approval Form. Two weeks prior to submitting the proposal, the faculty/staff member must complete the Proposal Approval Form, attaching a copy of the final proposal narrative and budget to submit to their Dean and Chair for approval and endorsement. The faculty/staff member should then secure the endorsements of their Department Chair, Dean or immediate supervisor and submit the Proposal Approval Form via email to the Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants no later than one week prior to the deadline. This will allow ample time to review all documents for compliance to the RFP and provide any editorial or grammatical suggestions to the faculty/staff member. To receive a copy of this form, contact Patty Hunt in the Advancement Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Vice President for Advancement will submit all proposals on behalf of Emory & Henry College.