Class notes updated and combined March 2020
Charlie Sult is retired as a manager for IBM. He earned three acheivement awards in office building construction.
Dr. Miriam MacFarlan Herin won the 2018 Doris Betts Fiction Prize for her story “Lucky.” The award is presented by the North Carolina Writers’ Network and her story was published in the 2019 print version of the North Carolina Literary Review. Her book, A Stone for Bread, was selected as one of Kirkus Reviews Best Books of 2016. And her first novel, Absolution, won the 2007 Novello Press Literary Award.
Dick Kemper is Executive Director of Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (VISAA). He was inducted into the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAA) Hall of Fame in December of 2019 at their national Conference. Dick received a Distinguished Alumni Award from Emory & Henry in 2010.
Carole Wharton is president of L. Carole Wharton, LLC.
Dr. Laurel Bird Eason is retired from teaching English at Catawba College.
Beverly Laing retired in 2002 and has been RVing ever since! She’s been a member of the RVing Women Camping Club since 1992 and is currently the membership chair. She says it “keeps her brain cells active!”
Linda Malone-Blackmon is retired as a professor at the University of Central Florida. She is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association.
Donald Guthrie is a retired attorney.
Karl Reedy is Asst. District Administrator for the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Phil Robbins is Football Chief of Staff at UVA-Wise.
Jack West has retired as a consultant. He has published a number of books on quality management, most recently The Journey-Achieving Sustained Organizational Success published in 2019.
June Bostic Lane is president of Workplace Solutions, L. C.
George McCall has retired as the Senior Corporate Support Associate in the development department after 18 years in public radio at WUNC-FM, at UNC-Chapel Hill. Prior to that he worked in commercial radio sales and sales training. He and wife Helen celebrated our 51st anniversary in August 2019.
Sara Cole Rafferty is retired as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Hospice care and private practice.
Foye Webb is retired.
Tommy Barber is the Educational Consultant for Hopetree Family Services. He is the Executive Director of the Jill’s Buddy Camp Education Foundation.
Clayton Horne as retired from teaching chemistry and biology in the Wythe County School System and Wytheville Community College. He is currently the Worthy Grand Patron of the Order of the Eastern Star in West Virginia. He is a Past Worshipful Master of AFAM and a Kazim Shriner. He and wife, Fran, have been married 51 years.
Doug Kanney was recognized by the Christiansburg Lions Club for accomplishments during his term as president. He was given the Melvin Jones Fellowship Award, an international award given by Lions International; the highest Lions Award given for public service. The club citied extraordinary membership increase, attendance record, and financial benevolent giving to local, state, and international agencies. The award has only been given four times since 1940.
Gary Cron is a product ambassador for Crossmark.
Sally Ranck Weaver Is Dean of students and Director of Academic Success at the University of Montana School of Law.
Bill Williams is retired from teaching and is now a research associate at the Center for Conservation Biology.
Tim Berry is retired from 32 years in Commercial Banking and 8 years as a banking consultant.
Thomas Crawford is a retired pastor.
Gordon Ewald and Susan Mason Ewald (’69) celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in December, 2019. Susan is retired from a career with the Roanoke City Libraries and Gordon is retired from his work with their family business, Ewald-Clark, and as a flight instructor.
Jim Butcher is retired as principal from the Bristol Tennessee City Schools.
Jack Dickerson is owner of Dickerson Life and Annuity.
Dr. Richard Groover is Associate Dean at Reynolds Community College. He is the author of The Environmental Almanac of Virginia, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Science Museum of Virginia, and a Fellow of the Virginia Academy of Science.
Dr. Richard Trollinger was named 2019 Citizen of the Year by the Danille-Boyle County Chamber of Commerce. (See online story.)
Rev. Ken Sprinkle is retired from United Methodist Ministry, but in 2019 he served as interim pastor for Mafair UMC in Kingsport. He is now re-retired.
Rudy Martin was named in 2019 as one of the country’s best lawyers in the 26th edition of The Best Lawyers in America publication.
John Mercer is retired.
Joe Syzdek is an It Procurement Manager for Benjamin Moore.
Dr. Becky Moore Bigoney has retired as Senior Vice President and Chief Medical officer for Mary Washington Healthcare. She was honored in 2019 wit the Rappahannock-Fredericksburg Rotary Club’s 2019 Ethics in Business Award.
Bruce Culmer is a graphic artist for Webb Signs, and is nearly retired.
Dawn Reid works for Walker Title LLC.
Linda Neff Woodward is the Program Coordinator for The Origin Project, a program that seeks to inspire young people to discover and release their inner voices through the art of writing about their unique origins. She is retired as a teacher and now serves part-time as a remediation specialist at Flatwoods Elementary School.
William Booth is an Advocacy Consultant for the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. In 2016, William was honored by the Transforming Care Conference as an Organization Champion in Miami Valley. This award recognizes significant and impactful improvements in the field of LGBTQ+ health and wellness.
Trilla Defriece-Puckett is retired from Washington County Schools.
Meg Hathaway Retinger is the Chief Operating Officer at BioPet Laboratories. John Retinger (’74) is retired.
Lee Mason Welsford has retired. She owned a small residential and commercial cleaning company.
John Whitney is a math teacher at Flint Hill School. He has taught for 30 years in Fairfax County, but he retired and now teaches at a private school.
Dave Wiggins has returned to Ferrum College as the College’s Dean of Student Success. He formerly served the college as a counselor.
Rev. Mary Beth Turkington Blinn and Rev. Bob Blinn (’78) have moved to Richmond, Va. She is joining Bob in retirement after 38 years of ministry in the United Methodist Church.
John Coleman retired in 2018 after 34 years as an attorney for the Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Department of the Interior.
Rev. Al Hammer is Executive Director at Olmsted Manor United Methodist Retreat Center – a 300-acre facility in the Allegheny National Forest.
Patsy Townsend Hosner is Resource Manager at Hana Engineers & Consultants, LLC.
Bunny Medeiros has followed up her book about Damascus, Friendliest Town on the Trail, with a recently-published memoir, entitled Walking to Wijiji: my journey overcoming loneliness. (The book is available locally and online.)
Dr. Lana Whited is a Professor of English and Director of the Boone Honors Program at Ferrum College. She was named Ferrum College Faculty marshal in 2019, was a nominee for the SCHEV Outstanding Faculty Award in 2016, and received the UMC Board of Higher Education’s Excellence in Teaching Award in 2014. She has been the editor for several books including, The Ivory Tower and Harry Potter, vol. I (2002), Critical Insights: The Harry Potter Series (2015), Critical Insights: The Hunger Games Trilogy (2016), and The Ivory Tower and Harry Potter, vol. II (coming out soon) and author of The Dream Denied: Homicide in the American Naturalistic Novel (coming out soon).
Larry Foster is the Senior Director of Advancement for King University.
Michael Hayter is Clinical Consulatant Pharmacist (Senior Care) for Southern Pharmacy Services. He serves on the board of Meadowview First, Inc. working for long term economic development for the Meadowview, Virginia, community. He also volunteers for SWVA Medical Reserve Corps.
Jane Pierce Lewis is the owner of Cause for Creativity.
Joseph Salyer retired in 2018 after a career in the United States Public Health Service.
Kendall Brent is an investment advisor for Langley Federal Credit Union. She has completed industry designations of CLU, ChFC, and CRPC.
Gwynne Brown is a sales executive for VPM productions.
Paul Hardy has retired from 34 years of federal service.
Lisa Neeley is an underwriter for Quicken Loans.
David Bassett announces a son, Oliver Richard, born in 2019. He and his wife, Jodie, work at General Motors, Spring Hill Assembly, manufacturer of Cadillac XT seris and GMC Acadia.
Freddy Clements was honored in 2019 with the William A. Meehan Legacy Award, given to honor a faculty member who has had a profound, positive, and sustained influence on the direction and progress of Jacksonville State University. (See online story.)
Melinda Shepherd Newsome is a Tutor for Project Graduation in the Washington County Public Schools.
Karen Broyles Swiney is Director of Auxiliary and Business Services for the University of North Carolina Pembroke.
Brian Taylor is a Wealth Management Advisor with Northwestern Mutual.
Mike Todd is the President/Owner of Systems Plus. He and Karen Griffey Todd, who also works in the business, have been married for 34 years.
Ramona Peters Witzgall is the owner of a traveling boutique featuring apparel and accessories called “Flash & Trash and a little bit of Sass!”
Jerry York is a Personal Financial Counselor for Zeiders. (See online story.)
Annette Henderson Clark is a reading specialist for Washington County (Va.) Public Schools.
Katie Mohr Haywood retired in 2019 from teaching elementary school music.
Tracie Grove Macke is an attorney with Brennan, Wasden, & Painter, LLC
Kevin Reed works for the Town of Pine Knoll Shores.
Dr. Brent Richardson is a faculty member and 10-year department chair for the psychology department at Xavier University. He recently won the NCACES Outstanding Professional Teaching Award. (See News profile on E&H alumni webpage.)
Mike Ruble is General Manager for Information Technology Integrators, LLC.
Kay Blevins Richardson is School Counselor Marion Elementary School for Smyth County Schools.
Dr. Mark Handy was honored by UVA’s Apha Omega Alpha (AOA) for excellence in clinical mentorship. Each year the organization recognizes a volunteer clinical faculty member; Mark was nominated by a UVA medical student and then elected by the UNVA School fo Medicine student body. (See story in magazine.)
Will Kiger is a buyer for WESCO Distribution.
Sonja Parris Seymore is a English teacher and cheer coach at Patrick Henry High School. She is also a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts.
Glenn Spangler is the Director of Jackson River Technical Center.
Rev. Ed Boyce is at First Presbyterian Church of Statesville, N.C.
Lynne Jacobson Critzer is Senior Product Manager for Anthem.
Teresa Ferrell Frazier is retired from Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.
Suzanne Heilman Poe is the IT coordinator for Rappahannock Area Community Services Board.
Mike Williams is a graduate of Sherman Chiropractic College and is a Chiropractor at Chiropractic First SWVA.
Khette Cox is the Manager of Community Services for Abe’s Garden in Nashville.
Randy Dixon is sales manager for A-Z Office Resource.
Derwin Hall is Vice President, Commercial Relationship Manager for American National Bank and Trust Company.
Connie Coggins McKeel is an Engineer Electrical Systems 3 at Huntington Ingalls industries – Fleet Support Group.
Chris Musser is in sales for Coach’s Team Sports.
Kim Peters Warren is co-owner of Jerry B. Peters Sales.
Tina Bernard Urquhart is a Subro Service Representative-Consultant II for Allstate Insurance.
Karen Sykes Brown finished her M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction at Radford University in 2001 and finished her Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision from the University of Virginia in 2009. She is the principal at Grundy High School in Grundy, Va. She and husband, Troy, have been married 26 years. Karen was recently interviewed for a New York Times story on economic challenges in SWVA. (Read news story.)
Dean Gilbert is superintendent of Patrick Count (Va.) Schools.
Jane Werness Jessee is Human Resources Manager for Onyx Energy.
Mia Snider Maiden works for Housing Trends, Inc.
Donna Love Seagle is the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Walters State Community College in Morristown, Tennessee.
Richie Thomas has retired from the Wythe County School System.
Jackie Sheets Wilson is an Attendance Officer for Smyth County Schools.
Brian Bunn is Dean of Faculty at Oak Hill Academy. Son Austin is a 2014 E&H grad. Daughter Emily is a junior at E&H. Daughter Erin is probably getting a lot of pressure to attend E&H.
Joe Cundiff has published a new book, entitled Broken Chain: the Echo of Lone Howls.
Pam Hendrickson-Wimmer is a CSA Coordinator for Russell County Department of Social Services.
Pam Rakes Monk is a yearbook sales pro for Lifetouch. She is the Secondary Yearbook Specialist for the Raleigh/Eastern NC territory.
Kerry Dodson is the Director of Events and Engagement for Water Mission, a clean water charity based in Charleston, SC.
Amanda Gilmer Nott is a product Manager at Jezabar.
Paige Newman is the Manuscripts Collection Curator for the Virginia Museum of History and Culture.
Lisa Olive O’Quinn is a background actor for television and movie projects in New Mexico. (See online story.)
Lisa McDowell works for Northrop Grumman as a Senior Principal Pricing Analyst.
Will Mullins has had requests from two reputable companies in Los Angeles asking for the opportunity to read his spec pilot script “The Manor.” Will’s guest blog articles have recently appeared at Submittable’s guest blog; The Institute of Internal Communication, and the 20th Anniversary Edition of The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature.
Anne Lewis Spicer Vowell is a recruiter with Teleperformance.
Kathy Moore Hinchey is an Instructional Coach for Newport News Public Schools.
Rev. Jonathan Jonas is senior pastor at State Street United Methodist Church.
Chrissie Anderson Peters is writing pieces to appear in forthcoming issues of Clinch Mountain Review; Mildred Haun Review; and Sand Mountain Pine & Gravel. She recent won in contest with the Mountain Heritage Literary Festival (2nd place in Emma Bell Miles Prise for Essay), and she also in the 2019 Tennessee Mountain Writers Awards categories of Humor, Non-Fiction, and was a recipient of the Sue Ellen Hudson Award for Writing Excellence. She recently self-published her third book, Blue Ridge Christmas, a collection of Christmas stories. She participated in the 2019 Homecoming Book Signing event.
Matt Williams is an athletic trainer at Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
Robyn Beck Dieter was named the July “Employee of Month” by her company, The CM Group. She won the honor due to her “work ethic, positive attitude and exemplary client service skills.” Robyn has been with The CM Group for over three years. The company offers strategic meetings management and direct-to-patient initiatives for the pharmaceutical industry. The award also expressed appreciation for Robyn’s commitment to the company’s “Five Pillars of Excellence” and her “passion, dedication, and her commitment to excellence not only to her clients, but also to the CM Group.” She was also recently awarded the “Distinguished Service Award for Brambleton” for her work toward founding the Friends of the Brambleton Library in her community in Ashburn, Va.
Matt and Dulcie Webster (’95) Hankins are in Rocky Mount, Va. Dulcie is the owner of Wood Grains Furniture & Gifts, and Matt is chief executive of the Harvester Performance Center, promoting more than 170 performances annually. In 2019 he completed his 28th year as football stadium announcer for the E&H Wasps.
Ernie Maddy is AVP, Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer for Virginia Community Capital.
Courtney Wood Pugh is owner and consultant of 4 PEAKS Educational Consulting, LLC. The company focuses on assisting families with obtaining early intervention, special education, and transition planning services for special needs children.
Shane Simmons is the Director of Community Economic Development at People, Incorporated. He has published a book entitled Petey the Pink-Tailed Possum available on Amazon, and will be signing copies at the Homecoming book-signing event, Oct. 24. (See story online.)
Karen Clements Wilborn is a teacher at Eastern Alamance High School.
Shannon and Kathleen Crockett Archer (’94) have moved to Dalton, Ga. Shannon is general manager of The Farm Golf Club.
Mark Lambert is a Director of University Relations for Radford University Carilion. In 2019 he won the Mission Possible Award in recognition of work above and beyond the call of duty. (See online story.)
Melissa Mitchell Bowe is with TriMark Adams-Burch as a Chemical Solutions Salesperson. Whit Bowe (’95) is a manufacturer’s representative with the Schmid-Wilson Group.
Sherry Case is a middle school teacher in Hawkins County Schools.
Rebecca Charles Eckenroth is a special markets manager for a toy company.
Andy Rhudy has received a second Medal of Valor for courageous rescue of two different individuals – one in a burning building, one in freezing waters. (Read online story.)
Cristie Blevins Lester is Walk Manager for the Alzheimer’s Association of Northeast Tennessee.
Erin McCrory Ruble teaches mathematics in the Washington County Public Schools (WCCTEC).
Karen Stafford Stansbury is Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of E&O for Appalachian Electric.
Aaron Brand is head football coach at Irmo High School.
Aaron Fuller is with UBS Private Wealth Management.
Jamie Harris is the Principal at Warm Springs Middle School in Morgan County, W.V.
Margaret Turman Kidd is the Access and Electronic Records Archivist at Virginia Commonwealth University, Tompkins-McCaw Library.
Barbara Woodward Stamberg has been inducted into the Phi Kappa Phi honor society. She earned this honor while earning her master’s degree at George Mason University in Educational Leadership Math Specialist K-8. She is now the Instructional Coach at Daniel Morgan Intermediate School.
Mandy Broyden announces a son and a daughter.
Dr. Beverly Clark III is Dean of Instruction for Central Community College in Grand Island, Nebraska.
Harold Craw has been named General Manager for the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. He has won numerous honors, and while with the Charleston RiverDogs he was twice recognized by the South Atlantic League as Sales Executive of the Year. He was selected by the E&H Alumni Association to be the 2020 Distinguished Achievement awardee. (See News profile on E&H alumni webpage.)
Olivia Frazier Haimani was promoted to Grant Program Coordinator in the Community Health department at Sentara RMH Medical Center. She has worked for the organization since 2006, serving in various roles including health promotion specialist. Her work with a grant aimed at reducing opioid use for women has been so successful that she will be presenting the grant evaluation in March 2020 at the Southern Nursing Research Society Annual Conference in New Orleans, and their findings will be published in an upcoming issue of a professional nursing journal.
Joseph Puckett is the General Manager for Point Broadband’s Virginia/Tennessee markets.
Rev. Sarah Martin Slack is Associatate Pastor at First United Methodist Church in Maryville.
Carrie Adams is owner and coach for Ignite Life Health & Wellness Coaching.
Casey Johnson is Head Boy’s Basketball Coach at Altavista High School.
Jill Watson Ross has announced a son, Liam. Jill is Public Relations Specialist at New River Community College.
Trevor Smith and Crystal Smith announce a baby, Hannah Storrar, born in 2019. She joins big sister Ella. Trevor is the Director of Traditional Worship at First Broad Street United Methodist Church.
J Welch is a sales manager for Premier Tech Chronos.
Kevin Anders is Chief Compliance Officer for Pathways.
Mindy Buchanan-King has graduated from the University of Charleston, South Carolina at the College of Charleston and The Citadel with an M.A. in English. She received the Outstanding Graduate Student Award. (See story online.)
Dr. Monica Jacobe is Director of Academic Advising and Support at Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. She is also the Interviews Section Editor for Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy.
Tonia Kestner is the director of the Bristol Public Library. She was formerly the manager of the Glade Spring branch of the Washington County Public Library system, where she served for 9 years.
Susan Wechsler Johnson has married Tim Johnson. She is a Physical Therapist Assistant at Saber Healthcare Group.
Mark Arrington was named Virginia High School Physical Education Teacher of the Year by VAHPERD. He is also elected president of the organization in 2019. (See story online.)
Amin Faiz is a licensed clinical social worker doing mental health and substance abuse counseling with beterans at Princeton Veterans Center in Princeton, WV.
Amanda Glenn Onks is the Youth Ministry Executive Assistant for Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church.
Jamie Radford is working with the Pulaski Yankees and Motor Mile Speedway.
Kris Sheets is the branch manager of the Saltville Public Library. She was chosen by the E&H Alumni Association for the 2020 Humanitarian Award to recognize her work as a tireless servant for the Saltville community.
Susan Dougherty Foster is AVP/Accounting Manager for Bank of Clarke County.
Sheena Moyers Johnson and Alex Johnson announce a daugher, Temperance Jude, born in 2019.
Bobbie Frentz Larkins is the Innovations Project Manager at Eastman Chemical Company.
Lindsey Ray Lawson and Bryan Lawson welcomed a daughter Stella Roosevelt in 2019.
Andrea Bowman Mender is Director of Workforce Services for the Greater Gainesville Chamber in Gainesville, Florida.
Alicia Wells married Bradley Ludes in 2019.
Amber Keene Wiley is Regional Human Resources Generalist at Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation.
Brianne Casteel Bailey is a PE teacher at Coeburn Middle school and she coaches varsity volleyball at Eastside High School in Coeborn.
Erica Parish works for the Supreme Court of Virginia as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Teresa M. Chafin.
Ryan Rexrode is Product Owner/Manager for PowerSchool, an education technology platform.
Amy Hensley and Beau Blevins announce the birth of Atticus James, born in 2019.
Jodie Ketron Overton is the Supervisor of Secondary Counselors for Knox County Public Schools. JD Overton is the Assistant Principal and Athletic Director at Karns High School in Knoxville.
Pretal Patel Muldoon is Associate Research Scientist for Pharmaceutical Product Development.
Krysten Rhodes Ughanze was married in 2015 and the couple welcomed a son, Sage, in Nov. 2017.
Elizabeth Cech Stephens is a teacher for Prince William County Public Schools.
Jacob Vance is Director of Product for The Network.
Laura Beth Weaver is the Executive Director of the Women’s Resource Center of the New River Valley.
Ashley Turnmire Dory announces the birth of a son, Ewan Miles, born in 2019.
Hillary Crowder Smith and Ray Smith (’07) announce a daughter, Virginia Maeve, born in 2019.
Kurt Vollmer is the Extension Specialist for Weed Management at the University of Maryland.
Courtney Bledsoe Washington is the Program Director with the Hospice of Chattanooga/Alleo Health team.
Dana Broyles Hutton is President of Southeastern College West Palm Beach. (See online story.)
Dustin Crouse is the Owner of Knoxville Elder Law.
Danielle Starnes Dye was married in 2018. She is Community Engagement Specialist for Ballad Health.
Lisa Evans Bourne and Josh Bourne announce a baby, Lillian Ruth, born in 2019. She joins a brother Micah and a sister Grace. Lisa is the Clinical Coordinator/Outpatient Counselor for Family Preservation Services. Josh is a financial advisor at Wells Fargo in Abingdon.
Jason Willis is Director of Digital Commercial Operations for The NET360 / Kingsport Publishing Co.
Meg Kelleher Griffith and Nate Griffith (’08) announce the birth of a son, Henry Joseph, born in 2019. He joins brothers Patrick and Andrew.
Josh Stamper is the assistant principal at Virginia Middle School. His book, Ugly Me, is a work of fiction that is a first-person account of what it’s like to be an at-risk student at a school learning how to be a trauma-informed school.
Josh von Castle is Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Housing and Residence Life for Emory & Henry. He was recently awarded the 2019 Peace Award from the Southeastern Association of Housing Officers. (See online story.)
Lerae Edwards Collins and Ben Collins (’06) announce the birth of Wade Andrew, born in 2019.
Rev. Ryan Davenport is an Air Force Chaplain at McConnell Air Force Base.
Meghan Hawkins Digneit is in a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program to obtain a Nurse Practitioner degree. She works for U.P. Health Systems-Marquette. She announces the birth of Houston John, born in 2019 – he joins a brother Hawkins William.
Courtney Fridley Howard announces a daugher, Haynes, born in 2019.
Josh Myers is the firm manager of EMM Financial Services.
Julina Pyanoe is a Career Counselor at Western Washington University. She was married in 2018 and landed in Bellingham Washington after a one-year RV adventure.
Pylynn Virankabutra welcomed a son Charly in 2019.
Emily Wicht and R.W. Carneal were married in 2019.
Stephanie Cartwright is the Clinical Director for Counseling Services at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. She finished graduate school at ETSU in 2011.
Jarell Christian is the assistant coach for NBA’s Washington Wizards. (See story online.)
Dr. Brett Frye has completed her Ph.D. at Clemson University in Biological Services. She is a postdoctoral fellow at Wake Forest School of Medicine.
Andrew Hart and Hannah Hart announce the birth of Joseph Tate, born in 2019.
Erica Hess is a Director at Major, Lindsey & Africa, the oldest and largest legal search firm in the world.
Emily Cockerham Lee, CFP, is a Wealth Advisor and Financial Planner for Carson Wealth.
Rachel Linkous is the Human Resources Director for Oakey’s Funeral Home.
Kayla Morelock Purdie and Jonathan Purdie (’13) announce a son Crew, born in 2019.
Laura Cook Rowles is a Physican Assistant with Children’s Medical Center.
Jamie Roy is a Physician Assistant for HCA Health Care- NC. She and Cain Landreth just had their first child in Jan., 2019.
Katelyn Bland-Clark and Brian Bland-Clark (’09) announce the birth of Avery Hascue, born in 2019. Brian is the director at Pillars of Wall Street and Katelyn is the Development Associate for Tribeca Film Institute. (See News profile on E&H alumni webpage.)
Joshua Brown is Assistant Principal in Wake County Public Schools. He has a son, Nollan, born in 2018.
Alana Michael Cole is a Physician Assistant with HCA.
Lacey May Pierce is Counseling Administrative Assistant/Scholarship Coordinator for Smyth County Schools.
Alex Veatch is deputy director of community and economic development for the town of Marion, Virginia.
Tiffany Borowski is the Office Manager of Friendship Force of Lenoir.
Dr. Addie Clark won an OER Champion Award for an innovative grant project that allowed students to move away from expensive textbooks that were not used across the curriculum to open materials that were more accessible to students.
Derek Larimer and Melissa Larimer announce the birth of a son, William, who joins a big brother, Samuel.
Kaylee Gallant and Jameson McLendon (’14) welcomed a daughter Elodie Victoria, born in 2018. Kaylee is the Hotel Manager for Candlewood Suites.
Shelley Hindmon is an Target Analytics Consultant for Blackbaud.
Dr. Samantha Alley Ketron is a pediatrician at Baptist Medical Group – River City Pediatrics, in Memphis.
Annelise Shelton is the English Department Chair and teaches at The Blessed Sacrament Huguenot School, a Pre-K- 12 private school in Powhatan, Va. She teaches Junior and Senior Honors and AP English courses in addition to being the Yearbook and Senior class advisor.
Terri Roberts Willis is pursuing a master’s degree in religion at Harvard University.
Katie McLaren Yount and Spencer Yount announce a son, Rhett Henry, born in 2019.
Alison Asbell is the Executive Director of a nonprofit that helps the homeless transiton back into permanent housing. (See online story.)
Samantha Hammer Brown is a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant for Heritage Health Pro.
Dr. Chase Edwards graduated from the E&H School of Health Sciences in 2018 and is an Orthopaedic Resident Physical Therapist at The Veterans Administration Hospital in Johnson City. He is also an adjunct faculty member in the ETSU Physical Therapy program.
Michael Farris is a Second Lieutenant in the US Marine Corps. He is married to Sarah Triplett.
Cheyanne Curran Harris is a case manager for Southwest Virginia Mental Health Institute.
Emily Findlay Hawkins and Chris Hawkins welcomed a son Mason Allen in 2019.
Jason Jones is a doctoral student and teaching assistant at the Eastman School of Music.
Shannon Parry is a research assistant at Skara Brae.
Dr. Emily Sikes is an optometrist in Fort Mill, S.C. She was married to Eric Petanoich in 2016, and they have a baby, Brooks, born in 2019.
Patrick Smith is public communications specialist for North Carolina State University’s Division of Academic and Student Affairs.
Melinda Souther is a kindergarten teacher with Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
Katie Thomas teaches 6th and 7th grade science at Check Elementary in Floyd, VA. She is also enrolled at Radford University working on a Masters of Educational Leadership.
Kadie Britt won the 2019 Alwood Extension Award. She is studying integrated pest management of insects in hemp. Her research addresses the impact of hemp defoliation by the corn ear worm and brown marmorated stink bug, and suitable host pants of the cannabis aphid in Virginia. She is pursuing a Ph.D. at Virginia Tech.
Hannah Foster Cervantes and Jared Cervantes (’12) announce a son, Grayson Alexander, born in 2019.
Kayla Clark-Whitson is a Practice Representative with Boothe Chiropractic Center doing marketing and patient therapy.
Sarah Welch Denton is a Policy Analyst II in the Defense and Political Science Department at RAND.
Tyler Houk married Fallon Davis in 2017.
Joshua Lee is now working with an organization called The Council for Children’s Rights. They have a team approach for making sure that children’s rights are being protected, and Joshua is a staff attorney on the custody advocacy team to represent the best interest of children in high conflict custody cases.
He and Michelle Lee were married in 2019.
Consuela Perry is Manufacturing Process Technician for Novo Nordisk.
Dr. Adam Pugh is a 2018 DPT School of Health Sciences graduate. They welcomed a son, Easton, in 2019. (See online profile.)
Michael Shipley is an Infantry Officer with the U.S. Army. He completed his Master’s of Public Administration (MPA) at Virginia Tech in 2018. (See News profile on E&H alumni webpage.)
Victor Trussell is interning in the resources for human development division at La Casa, a living facility that houses young men who have experienced homelessness, substance use disorders, and other elements.
Kim Caudill Weddle is an Accountant in the Bursar’s Office at Virginia Tech. She is also taking classes toward a master’s in accounting and is coaching volleyball at Carroll County High School and for a club volleyball team out of Carroll County that includes girls from all over Southwest Virginia.
Randall Scott Colquitt is in human resources with Boyd Gaming Corporation in Las Vegas (See online story.)
Andrew Downard is a Remittance Processor III for the Navy Federal Credit Union.
Sarah Jerome is the assistant women’s soccer coach at the University of Scranton. She is pursuing a Masters in Theology and has traveled to Jerusalem to learn about the Israeli Palestinian conflict. (See online story.)
Dr. Cortney Halsey Jessee completed a doctorate of Occupational Therapy in the charter class of Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) at Mary Baldwin University. She is an occupational therapist at EncompassHealth, and is married to Dr. Jeremiah Jessee.
Brittany Stevenson Krackow finished her master’s degree in 2019. She is an administrative specialist with DCR and an outpaitent counselor.
Amanda Lazaro is an Occupational Therapist at OT4KIDS in Lexington, North Carolina.
Andrea Pasillas is a Spanish teacher at Powell High School, Knox County School System. (See online story.)
Zach Rhoades and Jackie Fields Rhoades (’15) are stationed in Whidbey Island, Washington, at NASWI Naval Air Station Whidbey Island. Jackie is in nursing school, and Zach is a Naval Flight Officer (NFO) on the P8 Poseidon.
Tosin Sanusi is a Personnel Secuirty Specialist for the Department of Defense in the Washington Headquarters Services in Washington, D.C.
Brandon Slaybaugh is an Occupational Safety and Health Specialist at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.
Sarah Agron is Coordinator for the Migrant Health Network of Southwest Virginia Community Health Systems. (See online story.)
Dr. Mary Grace Hankins Bouldin has graduated from the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy (PharmD program, Class of 2019.
Haley Crutchfield Byrd and Logan Byrd announce the birth of Maren Elizabeth, born in 2019.
Laura Dowell is Program Manager for Department of Physician Assistant Studes for the E&H School of Health Sciences. In 2016 she married Andrew Farres.
Katie Grimm is an Associate Attorney with Nelson, McPherson, Summers, and Santos.
Amanda Hiner is a Behavior Therapist at Building Independence Together in Charleston, South Carolina.
Dylan Johnson married Brittany Reynolds in 2019. Dylan is Area Coordinator & Intramural Sports Specialist at Emory & Henry.
Samantha Callahan Lewis is a patient resource secretary for Rheumatology Associates. They added a daughter to their family in 2016.
Jake McNabb is a Major Gifts Officer for Ohio Wesleyan University.
Erica Merriman is a Senior Audit Associate at CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP.
Kimberly Craig Peters is an art teacher at The Clinch School in Hawkins County (Tenn.). She announces a daughter, Margaret, born in Feb. 2019.
Joe and Courtney Cruey Vaughn announce the birth of Joshua Emory, born in Feb. 2020. Both Vaughns work at BAE Systems: Joe is a chemist and Courtney is a chemist/laboratory trainer.
Parker Wilson has passed the NAPLEX, MPJE and the Georgia practical exam and is a licensed pharmacist in Georgia working for CVS Pharmacy.
Katherine Bordwine is a Dixon Fellow for Legal Aid of North Carolina.
Samantha Brown is an Athletic Trainer with Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute.
Taylor Doss is the chief lending officer and marketing and education director at WJC Federal Credit Union, and she coaches varsity softball at Holston High School.
Aaron Foster is attending law school at George Mason University.
Tim Gross is a solar home consultant at P.E.G Solar.
Alisyn Bales Hartsock is a teacher in Smyth County Public Schools. She was just married in Sept. 2019.
Marika Katanuma is a news editor for Bloomberg in Tokyo. One of her stories was recently featured on the front page of The Japan Times.
Rose Lewis is a medical assistant for Health Express Urgent Care and she is working on a nursing degree.
Danielle Moore Sullivan is a Human Resources Business Partner at Kollmorgen (Altra) Corporation.
Blair Vaughn is a middle school teacher in Wythe County Public Schools.
Laken Brooks is a Research and Teaching Assistant with University of Florida’s English Department and the University Wing.
Paul Cozens is a Site Acquisition Specialist for Bamman Consulting.
Emily Crutchfield is a school counselor for Frankclin County Public Schools. She graduated from Virginia Tech’s Counselor Education Program in May 2019.
Lindsey Dean is a high school biology teacher at Independence High School in Charlotte.
Ruthann Froberg and Alex Cooper were married in 2019.
Chris Gillenwaters and Kelsey Hubbard were married in 2019.
Taylor Guardalabene has graduated from UNC Chapel Hill with a doctorate in physical therapy. She has also passed her licensure exam and is working at Vive Physical Therapy.
Ali Hillman has completed an MSc in Autism Spectrum Disorder Studies, and is currently working on a dual MDiv/MSW from Yale Divinity School. She is working as Mass General Hospital an autism clinician and is a student minister at Southport Congregational Church. She has a husky named Finnegan.
Jessica Harosky is the Crisis Case Worker for a Multi-Systemic Therapy Program for Child Abuse and Neglect (MST-CAN). She is pursuing an M.Ed. in Counseling and Human Development at Lindsey Wilson College.
Jordan Chrisley Hurst announces a son, Reed, born in 2019.
John Keller is in law school at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law studying intellectual property law, with a focus on trademarks. His journal article, “Under Armour v. Uncle Martian: the End of Trademark Squatting in China?” was selected for publication in Volume 34 of the Maryland Journal of International Law.
Jessica Richardson is a data analyst for the United States Olympic Committee. (See online profile.)
Jade Ritterbusch has been working at the Department of Justice in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Roanoke while finishing her master’s degree in Political Science at Virginia Tech.
Tori Herndon Thomas is in the ETSU Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
Samantha Walls is a 6th grade teacher at Marion Middle School.
Brenna Bowyer is a Group Sales Associate with Barter Theatre.
Rachel Haines has completed an AmeriCorps VISTA position with the United Way of Southwest Virginia where her work led to being named Volunteer of Year at United Way of Southwest Virginia’s Impact Awards in March 2019. She is now working toward an M.Div. degree at Emory University’s Candler School of Theology.
Kelsey Jones is enrolled in the Radford University Master of Occupational Therapy Program.
Hannah Long is an Editorial Assistant at Harper Collins in New York City.
Eric Murphy works for Affectional Pet Care.
Brandy Ring (SHS’18) is the Physical Therapist and Owner of Mountain Valley Physical Therapy in Wytheville.
Amber Robinson is a special education teacher at Wise Primary School where she supports students with a variety of abilities.
Adrienne Sikes is the Environmental Program Manager for the City of Galax.
Bailey Williams is a Staff Assistant at the United States Senate.
Kaelee Belletto is a doctoral student at Vanderbilt University in the sociology department.
Mason Boyd is in the Political Science PhD program at the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
Kim Hill is Associate Director of People Incorporated.
Haley Huffman is an elementary music teacher in Augusta County Schools.
Liv Jennings is working for the Sexual Assault Resource Agency in Charlottesville. She is also pursuing work as a freelance graphic designer: @livjenncreative on Instagram.
Becca Johnston works in the costume department for Virginia Stage Company in Tidewater. Over the summer she worked in the costume department at King’s Dominion.
Missy Jones is working with Cape Cod Radio in Hyannis, Massachusetts.
Tak Jones is Program Coordinator for Playworks Indiana.
Sarah Leonard is and working for Chief Plenty Coups State Park in Pryor, Montana.
Katherine Meyers is an AmeriCorps State Service Member working as a Crisis Intervention and Consumer Support Specialist at Mental Health America.
Kelsey Meyers is with Greenville County Behavioral Health’s AmeriCorps State Service Program.
Lindsey Pratt is teaching elementary art in Wythe County, Virginia.
Rachel Smoot is in law school at William & Mary.
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/1349-got-a-minute-cassidy-york-sharp-04-has-a-new-title"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,66,2400,2466/8478_Cassidy-11.rev.1598295415.jpg" alt="Cassidy York Sharp, US Modern Woman Novice Supreme" class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,66,2400,2466/8478_Cassidy-11.rev.1598295415.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,66,2400,2466/8478_Cassidy-11.rev.1598295415.jpg 3x" data-max-w="2400" data-max-h="2400"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1349-got-a-minute-cassidy-york-sharp-04-has-a-new-title">Got a minute? Cassidy York Sharp (’04) Has a New Title</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">She also has a crown and a sash – and a couple of adoring fans. <a href="/live/news/1349-got-a-minute-cassidy-york-sharp-04-has-a-new-title" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/1325-got-a-minute-catch-up-with-vanessa-capalad-burrell"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,337,337/8373_vanessa_capalad.rev.1595383020.jpg" alt="Vanessa Capalad Burrell, E&H Class of 1992" class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="337" data-max-h="337"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1325-got-a-minute-catch-up-with-vanessa-capalad-burrell">Got a minute? Catch up with Vanessa Capalad Burrell (’92)</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Even in the midst of a pandemic, she’s hiring! <a href="/live/news/1325-got-a-minute-catch-up-with-vanessa-capalad-burrell" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/76-from-cervesa-to-service"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2048,1152/655_EHCITY_Oregon_2017.rev.1506450342.jpg" alt="Sarah Gillman Whitney and Jo Ann English organized an E&H in the City event in Oregon." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2048,1152/655_EHCITY_Oregon_2017.rev.1506450342.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2048,1152/655_EHCITY_Oregon_2017.rev.1506450342.jpg 3x" data-max-w="2048" data-max-h="1152"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/76-from-cervesa-to-service">From Cervesa to Service</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">These two alumni found each other at an E&H in the City event in Oregon…and learned they had similar service passions! <a href="/live/news/76-from-cervesa-to-service" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/1546-kishanna-caesar-heyward-says-credit-is-queen"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,11,300,312/9072_Kishanna_Heyward.rev.1606925791.jpg" alt="Kishanna Caesar Heyward, Emory & Henry Class of 2008." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="300" data-max-h="301"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1546-kishanna-caesar-heyward-says-credit-is-queen">Kishanna Caesar Heyward says, “Credit is Queen, Charlene!”</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Color me better informed about how credit works. <a href="/live/news/1546-kishanna-caesar-heyward-says-credit-is-queen" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/924-eamph-alumna-to-sing-national-anthem-at-bristol"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,624,463/6723_CD_3.rev.1565968008.jpg" alt="Christina Druen at the 2018 Food City Race. She's singing the National Anthem for the 2019 race." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="624" data-max-h="463"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/924-eamph-alumna-to-sing-national-anthem-at-bristol">E&H Alumna to Sing National Anthem at Bristol Race This Weekend</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Christina Druen, E&H Class of 2016, will sing Friday night, August 16. <a href="/live/news/924-eamph-alumna-to-sing-national-anthem-at-bristol" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/1079-mark-arrington-honored-for-innovative-teaching"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,324,278/7177_arrington_2.rev.1574356083.jpg" alt="Mark Arrington, E&H Class of 2002." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="324" data-max-h="278"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1079-mark-arrington-honored-for-innovative-teaching">Mark Arrington Honored for Innovative Teaching</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Mark was honored by VAHPERD as their 2019 Teacher of the Year. <a href="/live/news/1079-mark-arrington-honored-for-innovative-teaching" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/945-mike-chitwood-is-finalist-for-library-of-virginia"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/82,0,282,200/6801_Chitwood-Michael_MG_7181-300x200.rev.1567128095.jpg" alt="Michael Chitwood, E&H Class of 1980." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="200" data-max-h="200"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/945-mike-chitwood-is-finalist-for-library-of-virginia">Mike Chitwood is Finalist for Library of Virginia Literary Award</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Chitwood will speak at Emory & Henry on Sept. 10. <a href="/live/news/945-mike-chitwood-is-finalist-for-library-of-virginia" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/156-eamph-alumnus-gary-reedy-named-ceo-of-american"><img src="/live/image/gid/83/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1000,666/851_alumni-gary-reedy.rev.1507730801.jpg" alt="Reedy, class of 78, speaks on campus." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/83/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1000,666/851_alumni-gary-reedy.rev.1507730801.jpg 2x" data-max-w="1000" data-max-h="666"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/156-eamph-alumnus-gary-reedy-named-ceo-of-american">E&H Alumnus Gary Reedy Is CEO of American Cancer Society</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Gary M. Reedy serves as the chief executive officer of the <a title="American Cancer Society Homepage" href="http://www.cancer.org/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">American Cancer Society</a>, placing the 1978 Emory & Henry graduate atop one of the most influential non-profit organizations in the nation. <a href="/live/news/156-eamph-alumnus-gary-reedy-named-ceo-of-american" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/1551-dave-mcglothlin-says-theres-always-something-new"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,640,640/9083_IMG_2599.rev.1607004343.JPG" alt="Dave McGlothlin, Emory & Henry Class of 1986" class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="640" data-max-h="640"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1551-dave-mcglothlin-says-theres-always-something-new">Dave McGlothlin Says There’s Always Something New to Learn from History</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">In 2015 Dave McGlothlin won the honor of being History Teacher of the Year for Massachusetts. But he readily admits that he is constantly learning new stories from our country’s history. <a href="/live/news/1551-dave-mcglothlin-says-theres-always-something-new" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"/><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1552-coris-fungs-journey-to-the-us-patent-office-was">Coris Fung’s Journey to the US Patent Office Was Unexpected</a></h4></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/710-mike-young-in-the-news"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/148,0,795,647/6079_mike_in_locker_room.rev.1553264705.JPG" alt="Mike Young (E&H '86) in the locker team with Wofford basketball team." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="647" data-max-h="647"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/710-mike-young-in-the-news">Mike Young: In the News!</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Mike Young (E&H ’86) and his Wofford basketball team made history on March 21 by being the first Wofford team to win a first round game in the NCAA Tournament. <a href="/live/news/710-mike-young-in-the-news" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/1381-richard-graves-art-featured-on-special-stay"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,89,2400,2489/8596_IMG-5075_2.rev.1601725747.jpg" alt="This tshirt is not only fun, it’s a collectors item! It features Richard Graves’ original art..." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,89,2400,2489/8596_IMG-5075_2.rev.1601725747.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,89,2400,2489/8596_IMG-5075_2.rev.1601725747.jpg 3x" data-max-w="2400" data-max-h="2400"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1381-richard-graves-art-featured-on-special-stay">Richard Graves art featured on special Stay Homecoming t-shirt</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Artwork was revealed at the E&H Bookstore online shopping event! (<span style="text-decoration: underline;"><a href="https://youtu.be/QzpHaGO795w?t=1040">Click here to see the video! The coupon is “stayhome2020” and is good through Oct. 9, 2020.</a></span>) <a href="/live/news/1381-richard-graves-art-featured-on-special-stay" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/921-jarell-christian-eamph-09-tapped-for-nba-coaching"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/91,0,352,261/6668_JC.rev.1564783007.jpg" alt="Jarell Christian (E&H '09) with his child." class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" data-max-w="261" data-max-h="261"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/921-jarell-christian-eamph-09-tapped-for-nba-coaching">Jarell Christian (E&H ’09) Tapped for NBA Coaching Position</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">The Washington Wizards have added Christian as a new assistant coach. <a href="/live/news/921-jarell-christian-eamph-09-tapped-for-nba-coaching" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/579-an-opera-about-locusts"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/731,0,1659,927/5662_Christin_Colvin.rev.1542301199.jpg" alt="Cristin Colvin (E&H '09) performing in the opera “Locust.”" class="lw_image" width="345" height="225" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/731,0,1659,927/5662_Christin_Colvin.rev.1542301199.jpg 2x" data-max-w="928" data-max-h="927"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/579-an-opera-about-locusts">An Opera about Locusts?</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary">Cristin Colvin can even make insects glamorous. <a href="/live/news/579-an-opera-about-locusts" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>
- <div class="lw_news_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/news/1533-jonathan-turpin-is-never-too-busy-to-think-of"><img src="/live/image/gid/68/width/345/height/225/crop/1/src_region/0,0,800,800/9020_jonathan_Turpin.jfif" alt="Jonathan Turpin, Emory & Henry Class of 2017" class="lw_image" width="345" height="225"/></a></span></div><div class="lw_widget_text"><h4 class="lw_news_headline"><a href="/live/news/1533-jonathan-turpin-is-never-too-busy-to-think-of">Jonathan Turpin is Never Too Busy to Think of Others</a></h4><div class="lw_news_summary"><p> Think back to the sort of activities that occupied <em>your</em> senior year.</p><p> Now…consider the story of Jonathan Turpin’s senior year.</p><a href="/live/news/1533-jonathan-turpin-is-never-too-busy-to-think-of" class="link-with-arrow gold">Keep reading</a></div></div>