Top 10 Reasons to Choose Emory & Henry College
We know your college search can be overwhelming. That’s why we’ve summed up what makes Emory & Henry stand out in a crowd. Below are the top 10 reasons that students choose to attend Emory & Henry College.
Small class sizes and a low student-faculty ratio means you will get one-on-one interactions and assistance from professors when needed. You are more than just a number.
- Speaking of professors, Emory & Henry professors are some of the best in the nation. E&H faculty have won more state and national awards than any other college in Virginia.
- And your classes will always be taught by your professor. Not graduate students.
- Emory & Henry offers generous academic merit scholarships. 100% of students receive financial aid. E&H ranks #8 for lowest average student debt in Virginia.
- Our student support services ensure you will never be alone. Free counseling services, tutoring, student success coaches, disability support, a career center and diversity, equity and inclusion programming are available to all students.
- You won’t spend all your time in a classroom. Emory & Henry has amazing hands-on learning opportunities ranging from research projects of your choosing to studying abroad for a few weeks or a whole semester!
- Be part of the 26+ Division II and intercollegiate athletics teams or cheer them on from the stands!
- Choose from more than 90 academic programs and tracks to study. Our career center can help you combine programs to make the degree that’s perfect for you.
- Where else can you hike the Appalachian Trail for college credit?
- If you don’t find something you like in our 85+ student organizations and interest groups, you can create it yourself! It’s easy to be involved in our campus community.