Submitting a Complaint
- An initial assessment meeting will be conducted to better understand the nature and circumstances of the report.
- A reasonable assessment of the safety of the individual and the campus community will be made.
- If the complainant wants to proceed with a resolution process, they will submit a written complaint to the Title IX office.
Procedures for Formal (Written) Grievances
The formal grievance procedure may be used instead of the informal procedure for the processing of a complaint. A formal written complaint may be filed with the Title IX Coordinator. Generally, a formal complaint should be filed by the Complainant within thirty (30) calendar days following the alleged discriminatory act(s) or the date on which the Complainant first knew of such alleged act(s).
The written complaint statement must include the following:
- The Complainant’s name, campus location, and status within the College community, including title and department.
- The basis of the alleged act(s) of discrimination or harassment; that is race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information.
- A brief description of the alleged act and the Complainant’s reason for concluding that it was discriminatory or harassing.
- The name and position in the College community held by the Respondent.
- Copies of materials or names of witnesses, if any, which may be relevant to the investigation of the complaint.
- The date(s) on which the alleged act(s) were committed.
- The date on which the Complainant first knew of the alleged act(s).
- A statement indicating the remedy sought by the Complainant.