I have been a physical therapist for 25 years working in multiple areas of physical therapy: Acute, Inpatient Rehab, Outpatient, Skilled Nursing and Home health. I have administrative experience both in physical therapy as well as overseeing multiple clinical and non-clinical departments in the hospital setting. I have developed and managed an Advanced Wound and Hyperbaric Clinic as well as developed an Urgent Care Center. My wife and I have 2 daughters – one is a freshman at E&H and the other attends Richlands High School. We also have 3 dogs that are part of our family.
Doctorate of Health Science from Jefferson College/Radford University School of Health Sciences – anticipated completion 2020
Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Shenandoah University – 2004
Master of Business Administration from Old Dominion University – 2002
Master of Physical Therapy from Shenandoah University – 1993
B.S. in Biology from Virginia Tech - 1990
Emory & Henry College, Marion, VA (Summer 2017-present)
DPT 832: Administration and Management – Guest Lecturer
DPT 858 Management of Multisystem Impairments- Course Master
Within the DHSc program and Capstone, I am early in the process of a research project for Driving Under the Influence of Opioids to develop a program to aid federal and state law enforcement.
Over the past 25 years I have worked for LifePoint Hospitals (HCA/Columbia, HCA, Galen and Humana) as well as multiple Skilled Nursing Facility and Home Health Operators in the region. In overseeing multiple clinical and non-clinical departments as well as starting up several clinical programs I have gained experience in the Administration and Management areas of therapy. From my 25 years of acute care experience I have an understanding of the Management of patients with Multisystem Impairments that present for therapy care.
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy – 2017
- Certified Driver Rehab Specialist (CDRS) – 2015 of the Association of Driver Rehab Specialist (ADED) as recognized by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Board of Medical Review for Virginia
- Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives
- Emergency Medical Technician of Virginia
- Multiple officer positions in the Richlands Lions Club over 25 years
- Multiple officer positions in the Richlands Masonic Lodge over 20 years
- Member of the Richlands Youth League to develop sports programs for the youth of Richlands and surrounding areas.
- Volunteered time and services as a Sports Certified Specialist to the High School varsity sports of Richlands High school
- Habitat for Humanity and building playground parks in Richlands area for youth
- Organized and shipped medical supplies to Philippines, Haiti, Africa and India.
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Association of Driver Rehab Specialist (ADED)