Dr. Baldwin’s over 24 year physical therapy career includes the clinical, regulatory, and academic settings. Her practice interests have been driven by trying to meet the needs of underserved patient populations and led to additional education in vestibular rehabilitation, women’s health, geriatrics, orthopedics, neurology, and the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical back pain,.
When not teaching, Dr. Baldwin divides her time between inpatient rehabilitation and skilled nursing practice, volunteering for the Virginia Physical Therapy Association and community service organizations, and raising a family. Outside the clinic, her professional interests include policy, advocacy, rural health, and cross-cultural communication. She is a member of the APTA’s Health Policy, Orthopedic, Neurology and Geriatric Sections.
Dr. Baldwin loves being a physical therapist and she is grateful to her patients, colleagues, and students for the privilege of working with them.
Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Montana, Missoula MT. July 2014. Master of Physical Therapy, Hahnemann University (now Drexel), Philadelphia, PA. May 1993.
Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Washington and Lee University, Lexington, VA. June 1990.
Emory & Henry College, Marion, Virginia (Spring 2018-present)
DPT 721: Patient Care Skills - Lab Instructor
Wytheville Community College, Wytheville, Virginia, Physical Therapist Assistant Program, 2011
PTH 115: Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant – Lab Instructor
PTH122: Therapeutic Procedures II - Lab Instructor
PTH 226: Therapeutic Exercise - Lab Instructor
Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey, 1996
Physical Therapy Program- Guest Lecturer: OB-Gyn Physical Therapy/Women’s Health
New York University, New York, New York, 1995
Physical Therapy Program – Lab Assistant Instructor
Clinical Instructor for PT and PTA students in the outpatient, pediatric and acute care settings.
Dr. Baldwin considers herself a clinical generalist and has practiced in the outpatient, acute care, homecare, hospice, pediatric, skilled nursing, inpatient, and day rehabilitation settings. She took a six year break from clinical practice to work for the Virginia Department of Health Professions as a regulatory investigator.
- APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor, 2013.
- The Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation [CLEAR], Certified Investigator/Inspector: Basic National Certified Investigator/Inspector 2002. Advanced Investigative Analysis, Report Development, & Interviewing, 2004.
- Virginia Physical Therapy Association’s Board of Directors, Nominating Committee, various task forces, and Delegation to the American Physical Therapy Association’s House of Delegates.
- Wytheville Community College Physical Therapist Assistant Program’s Advisory Committee.
- Administrator, Healing the Children Medical Mission Trips to Colombia and Peru.