For Our Community Partners
The Appalachian Center for Civic Life is committed to long-term, sustainable partnerships for community development that seek social justice and work for enduring social change.
In support of this mission, we have formed partnerships with members of the local community, to whom we offer the following services:
- Development of service sites and community research projects that meet the needs of and address relevant issues in local rural communities
- Development of long-term disciplinary projects that involve a range of courses and professors focusing on specific issues and needs in the community
- Facilitation of collaborative projects and grants
- Presentations to public schools and civic groups
- Providing professional development and networking with community partners through events like the Civic Innovation Institute.