Summer Scholars Counselor Application
Dates: June 17-22, 2018 (Orientation Meeting June 16, 12 pm noon, Emory & Henry College)
Salary: $300 (Room & Board Included)
Counselors work directly with camp directors and have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise 10-12 children (grades 6-9 or 10-12) 24 hours/day.
- Accompany students to meals, classes, scheduled activities, field trips, and special events.
- Plan and lead afternoon and evening recreational /social activities for small groups of students.
- Participate in all orientation and exit activities.
- Follow and reinforce all non-negotiable rules and program policies.
What does a typical day look like and what is the time commitment?
Counselors are employed from Saturday, June 16, 2018, until Friday, June 22, 2018. A mandatory orientation session will be held on Saturday, June 16, beginning at 12 pm noon on the campus of Emory & Henry College. Following the departure of students on Friday, June 22, counselors will meet to conclude details of the program.
7:45-8:30 am: Breakfast; Van Dyke
9-11 am: Project; Assigned Classrooms
11:30 am-12 pm: Lunch; Van Dyke
12:15-2:15 pm: Project; Assigned Classrooms
2:15-3:15 pm: Supervised Free Time- campers must check in with counselor
3:15-4:45 pm: Recreation; Assigned locations
5-6 pm: Dinner; Van Dyke
6:30- 7:30 pm: Night Classes; assigned classrooms
7:45-9:15 pm: Evening Activity
9:45 pm: Hall Meetings; Assigned Halls
10:45 pm: Lights out
Counselor Application Process:
Applications can be submitted online at the online form below.
- January 25-April 21, 2018: Counselor Applications Accepted
- April 21, 2018: Acceptance Letters and Contracts Sent by Email
- May 1, 2018: Contracts Due
Individuals interested in serving as a counselor should submit this application no later than April 21. If you have any questions, please contact Jordan Graham, Director of the Summer Scholars Program.