Title IX Resources
As an instructor, one of my responsibilities is to help create a safe learning environment on our campus. It is my goal that you feel able to share information related to your life experiences in classroom discussions, your written work, and our one-on-one meetings. I will seek to keep information you share private to the greatest extent possible. However, for the safety of other students, I am required to share information regarding sexual misconduct or information about a crime that may have occurred on our campus under the Title IX Educational Act of 1972, which prohibits violence, harassment, and discrimination based on sex and gender. This definition of gender-based violence includes sexual assault, rape, dating/domestic violence, stalking, sexual harassment, harassment based on sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, stalking, cyber-stalking, etc.
If you or someone you know experienced such a crime, you have options for support.
Options for reporting, support, and accommodations (no contact, change in housing, assistance with classes and professors).
- Title IX Coordinator: Kim Steiner (276) 944-6112 or email@example.com
- Dean of Students: Ryan Bowyer (276) 944-6528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Police (276)-944-6222
- Report Tips on the LiveSafe App
Report Off -Campus
- Call 911
- Contact Washington Co. Sheriff (276) 525-1300
- Contact Marion Police Dept. (276) 783-8145
On-Campus Confidential Resources
If you want to talk to someone confidentially, the following people and organizations can offer support and are not required to report to university officials. They will help you understand all your rights and options. If you are not sure whether to remain confidential, this is a good place to start.
Powell Resource Center: 276-944-6144
Spiritual Life: (276) 944-6836
Health Services: (276) 944-6219
- Susan Stanley (email@example.com)
Off-Campus Confidential Resources
- Campus Conduct Hotline: 1-866-943-5787
- Bristol Crisis Center: 800-273-8255
- Abuse Alternatives: 423-764-2287
- Family Resource Center: 800-613-6145
- Action Alliance: 800-838-8238; Text: 804-793-9999