Saturday, October 19, 2019
Please note: NO 5-K this year.
Open 9:45-11 am. Use this form to sign up for the 10 am tour. Or call 800.848.5493.
8:30 am-1 pm, King Center Gym Lobby
Gold Club Registration
8:30 am-11:30 am, Van Dyke Center
Homecoming Alumni Breakfast
8:30 am-10 am, at the President’s House
Kappa Phi Alpha
9:30 am, Brunch
10:30 am, Circle and Song
See KPhi Facebook page for details.
Tailgate for E&H Athletic Training Students/Alumni
10 am-Noon, Lawn of King Center (Hillman side)
Food provided. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marching Band Alumni: enjoy lunch
with current band members!
11 am, Band Building (behind the gym)
Emory & Henry Marching Band Parades Through Campus
12:15 pm, Watch for them as they start in the reserved tailgate lot, march past the gym, circle Hillman and march by the duck pond, and finish at Selfe Stadium!
Women’s Basketball Alumni Reception
Noon, Porterfield Lounge, King Center Gym
Men’s Basketball Alumni Game
10 am, King Center
Men’s Basketball Tailgate
11 am, Lawn between Hillman and Stewart French
You’re invited to come by and meet the current players!
McGlothlin Center for the Arts
Open House/Gallery Exhibition
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“Name Dropping” Event at the Ampersand Center
11 am-1 pm, Building next to Van Dyke Center
Drop off your business card and find out how you can get more involved with helping a student on their career path. Perhaps you’d like to provide a “shadowship” or even an internship. Drop by and ask Amanda Gardner how you can get more involved on behalf of our great E&H students. We’ll also draw names for prizes!
11 am-Noon, at the E&H Bookstore (The Merc)
E&H alumni and faculty members will be signing their books during our first ever Homecoming Book Signing! (Rain Location: Macado’s gazebo.) Check out some of the great authors you can meet:
- Rev. Paul Seay (E&H ’01) and Rev. Wil Cantrell (E&H ’01): From Heaven to Earth: Christmas for New Believers, Old Believers, and Non-Believers
- James Ballard (E&H ’74): William Edmondson “Grumble” Jones: The Life of a Cantankerous Confederate
- Dr. Joe Reiff (E&H Religion Faculty): Born of Conviction
- Dr. Shelley Koch (E&H Sociology Faculty): Gender and Food: A critical look at the food system
- Chrissie Anderson Peters (E&H ’93): Blue Ridge Christmas
- Dr. Linda Dobkins (E&H Economics Faculty, retired): Heaven Will Protect the Working Girl. (Best Self-Published Novel in Virginia, 2016)
- Dale McGlothlin (E&H ’87): Great Big Small Things: The Extraordinary Life of Fred Selfe
- Joe Cundiff (E&H ’90): Broken Chain: The Echo of Lone Howls
- Josh Stamper (E&H ’07): Ugly Me
- Emily Wallace (E&H ’04): Road Sides: An Illustrated Companion to Dining and Driving in the American South
Friends of the Sciences Reception
10 am-11 am, McGlothlin-Street Hall Atrium
Lunch for everyone!
10:30 am-1:30 pm, Van Dyke Dining Hall
($10 pp) Enjoy a buffet and greet your friends!
Gold Club Lunch
11:30 am, Van Dyke Center ($10 pp)
Class of ’69 Lunch
11:30 am, Van Dyke Center ($10 pp)
Class of 1974 Reunion Lunch
11:30 am, Humphreys Room in Van Dyke ($10 pp)
E&H Rugby team plays Washington & Lee
Noon, On the field behind the baseball field
Choir Alumni Sing National Anthem
12:45 pm, Nicewonder Field
Choir alumni report to the field at 12:30 pm.
E&H Football vs. Washington & Lee
1 pm, Kickoff
E&H Football Halftime
Homecoming court presentations
Marching band performance
Patrick Henry Society Members: Football Halftime Reception
Brooks Field House
After the Game
Post Game Reception
Macado’s, Until 5:30 pm
Class of 1974
We’ll start at Macado’s and then from 5-7 we’ll be at the Blakemore House.
Class of 1969 Reunion
6:30 pm, Martha Washington Inn, Meet and Greet
7 pm, Dinner ($50 pp, includes tax and gratuity. Advanced registration required.)
Class of 1964 Gathering at Glynn’s
6 pm, Glynn Baugher’s home.
For the Class of 1964’s 55th homecoming, Glynn Baugher will host a dinner at his house, 12145 Arbor St., Emory. Please e-mail or call him if you plan to attend: email@example.com, 276-944-3460.
Class of 1984
5:30 pm, Gather at Wolf Hills (brush up on your Journey lyrics!)
E&H Theatre Department Presents: The 39 Steps
7:30 pm, McGlothlin Center for the Arts
Click for details!
Post-game Party at Coach J’s
Men’s basketball alums, families & friends