What Makes Our Program Stand-Out
Based on our review of other programs, we are among the few or only programs to offer:
- On-Site primary and specialty care clinic for the underserved with family medicine, internal medicine, behavioral medicine/psychiatry, women’s health, orthopedics, dentristry and dental hygiene, occupational therapy physical therapy - students rotate through the clinic supervised by their program faculty
- Two full semesters of training in psychiatry/behavioral medicine
- Three semesters of physiology/pathophysiology coursework modularized by organ system coinciding with clinical medicine coursework
- Three semesters of pharmacology/pharmacotherapy coursework modularized by organ system coinciding with clinical medicine coursework
- Training in mindfulness practices in healthcare
- Extra internal medicine rotation in Cardiology, Pulmonology, or Clinical Pharmacology required for all students in addition to their internal medicine - hospitalist rotation.