Listed below are courses required to be considered as a candidate for admission into the program.
- Two semesters of Human Anatomy and Physiology with Labs (4 SCH each for a minimum of 8 SCH combined).
- If Human Anatomy and Human Physiology are taken as separate courses, both must be with labs and, combined, must provide the complete study of the anatomy and physiology of all major human body systems. Exercise physiology coursework does not meet this requirement.
Two semesters of Biology, each with labs (4 SCH each for a minimum of 8 SCH combined in addition to the above A&P requirement)
One semester of Chemistry with lab (4 SCH)
One semester of Biochemistry with lab or Organic Chemistry with lab (4 SCH in addition to the above chemistry requirement)
One semester of Genetics with or without lab (3 SCH in addition to above requirements)
One semester of Statistics or Biostatistics (3 SCH): Statistics courses within social or natural science departments (e.g., psychology, sociology) are acceptable.
One semester of Psychology (3 SCH)
One semester of Sociology or Cultural Anthropology (3 SCH)
One semester of English Composition (3 SCH)
One semester of Medical Terminology (must be at least 2 SCH)
*Up to three of the prerequisite courses can be pending completion by the time of application. If applying after December, applicants must be enrolled in any remaining courses to ensure completion of all course prerequisites prior to matriculation. Beyond the prerequisite courses, applicants can still be completing other courses leading to their bachelor’s degree but must have all courses completed prior to matriculation. Additionally, if accepted conditionally into the program, candidates with outstanding courses must receive a minimum passing grade of “C” or better and a combined cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for all outstanding courses. If only one course is remaining, that course grade must be a “B” or better to meet the ‘cumulative GPA requirement for outstanding courses’.
- All courses must be completed at a regionally accredited college or university.
- To ensure standardization and fairness among applicants, we are unable to waive any prerequisite course requirement for any applicant.
- Any courses completed at an institution using a quarter credit system must be converted to semester credit hours using the following formula: one semester credit hour (SCH) is equivalent to .67 quarter credit hours; 1 quarter credit hour/1.5 = .67 semester credit hours.
- AP courses without a letter grade reported on an official transcript, pass-fail courses without a letter grade reported on an official transcript, and CLEP scores will not be accepted in place of prerequisites.