Hands-On Direct Patient Care Experience Requirement
All applicants must complete a minimum of 300 hours of hands-on direct patient care experience by the time of application.*
- Volunteer and Service-Work experience are acceptable.
- Medical scribe activities and other direct patient care activities (e.g., medical assistant, nursing assistant, dental assistant, radiology technician, mental health counselor) meet this requirement.
- Activities caring for a family member or relative do not meet this requirement.
- Activities caring for a single individual (e.g., personal care attendant) do not meet this requirement.
- Non hands-on direct patient care experience do not fulfill this requirement (e.g., pharmacy tech, unit secretary, front-office worker, shadowing experiences).
*Unfortunately, we are not able to assist students and applicants in obtaining their healthcare-related experiences.