6. Systems-Based Practice
Physician assistant students must demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the societal, organizational, and economic environments encompassing health care. Upon completion of the program, and acting in the capacity as an entry level PA, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of various medical practice and healthcare delivery systems
- Demonstrate an understanding of health-care payment systems
- Demonstrate the ability to provide effective, evidence-based, and patient-centered care that balances quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of public health and preventative care practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of national and global health care disparities and practices to reduce these disparities