The Emory & Henry College School of Health Sciences’ Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program does provide admission preferences to individuals in the following categories:
- Emory & Henry College Alumni
- Individuals who have served their country via service in the Armed Forces, Public Health Service, AmeriCorps or with the Peace Corps (in order to receive a point award, candidates in this category must have served under honorable conditions and must provide documentation of service).
- Long-term (>10 years) residents of Southwest Virginia
- Students from environmentally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds (as determined by CASPA)
- Minority applicants
- Candidates will be awarded points for up to two of the above categories; these points will be added to the candidate’s application score (see Selection Processes). All candidates, regardless of admission preferences, must meet the same admission requirements.
It is important to note that the above preferences in no way guarantee an admissions interview or acceptance into the program.
It is equally important to note that all competitive applicants, including those who do not fall into one of the above categories, will be considered for an admissions interview and acceptance into the program.