Joseph (Joe) Daniel Botana II
Joe has been a career college educator who has spent over 30 years teaching traditional age and adult students, as well as being an early adopter of online education since the late 90s.
He has extensive practical business management and accounting experience in corporate and non-profit organizations, both in the domestic US and international contexts.
He is actively involved as a volunteer serving on non-profit boards and in ministry and missions and is also passionate about developing and implementing new ideas and programs in education, community development, and ministry/missions. A devoted husband, father, and grandfather, he very much enjoys sports, photography, travel, and politics.
Fun facts: Spanish is my native language since I was born in Cuba, raised in Spain, and came to the US with my family as an immigrant/refugee in 1965. My wife and I met 38 years ago while doing photography and video at Road America, a premier road race course in Wisconsin. I’m currently very involved in working with the national C&MA church in Cuba on leadership training, financial and strategic planning, and micro enterprise/finance projects.
- Doctoral Studies - DBA - Nova Southeastern University (ABD)
- MSIB - Roosevelt University
- BSBA - Roosevelt University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I can help with:
- Thinking through a plan to achieve your educational goals, helping set it up, & carrying it out.
- Working through a problem or idea, particularly in business or accounting, either in a class or in practical settings.
- Working with businesses to identify education needs for current or prospective workforce and developing solutions to meet them, in partnership with Emory & Henry College.
- A patient listening ear, shoulder to lean on, and friendly helpful counselor in times of need.
- “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” JFK
- “With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in.” A. Lincoln
- “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ to do good works, which God has prepared beforehand for us to walk in.” Eph.2:10