How can I help protect myself from COVID-19?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The Centers for Disease Control always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of flu and respiratory illnesses, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.