All individuals, as outlined in section 1.1, are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times while on College property, whether indoors or outdoors, and in public; individuals are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering at all times while off-campus and in public.
- Face Covering Exemptions
Individuals are not required to wear a face covering in the following situations:
- While alone in a personal vehicle or private office
- While in their residence (i.e. dorm room);
- While eating and six (6) feet away from another person;
- While exercising ten (10) feet away from another person and not face to face with them; or
- If provided accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act or Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
2. Face Covering Provision and Use
Face coverings are generally made of cloth, are reusable, and are not part of healthcare personal protective equipment (PPE). Face coverings should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face;
- Be secured with ties or ear loops;
- Be made of one or more layers of fabric that you can still breathe through; and
- Be able to be washed and machine dried without damage or change to shape.
The College will provide a limited amount of face coverings for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Additional face coverings will be available for purchase at The Merc. Students will also be able to obtain “emergency” face coverings from the College Health Center, Campus Police, and residential life staff.
Emory & Henry students will be provided four masks upon their arrival to campus. Students will be expected to wear the mask provided by the college whenever they are required to wear a mask.
In each residence hall, collection bins will be available for students to deposit a used mask for laundering.
At the end of each day, students will be instructed to deposit their masks into specific bins that will be laundered at the beginning of the next day. Students will be instructed to retrieve a new mask each day from a specific location. (if building access is card entry only, assign entry doors, assign exits)
Members of the campus community who do not abide by this policy will be asked to leave campus immediately.