Policy for COVID-19
Covid-19 Emory & Henry College Return to Campus and Screening Policies can be found here:
Covid-19 Related Program Changes
- Specific to the Class of 2020, due to extenuating circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the clinical PA610 Preceptorship was changed to PA650 Special Topics Course. Related to this course change, the students will now have one additional, for a total of 3, clinical phase remediations for a grade change. This only in effective for the Class of 2020, and otherwise normal clinical phase procedures and policies will apply.
- Specific to the Class of 2022, Boot Camp will be held as regularly scheduled the week before matriculation in May and will be conducted via distance learning platform Zoom. Please make sure to have Zoom on at least two devices: laptop, phone, tablet etc.
- Specific to Class of 2022 the following exemptions have been made and should be accepted policy in lieu of student handbook as it relates to having prerequisite physicals, immunizations, and AHA BLS certification prior to matriculation. These requirements must be completed prior to coming on to the Emory & Henry campuses.
- Specific to the Class of 2023, Skype scribing will be accepted as contact hours for this cohort only.
- Specific to the Class of 2023, alternate prerequisite anatomy course will be accepted on a case by case basis upon review of the course syllabus.
- Specific to the Class of 2023, telemedicine/telehealth will be accepted for patient contact hours.
- Specific to Admissions, due to the COVID-19 pandemic the SHS and PA Program has amended its policies regarding admissions to accept pass/fail grades for mandatory prerequisites in the Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2020 only. However, we suggest, if given the option, we strongly encourage students should select to have the letter grade option for their courses.