Dr. Spencer landed at Emory & Henry in mid-career after relocating from SUNY Cortland with her family. Her research is focused on inclusive economic institutions and she is passionate about global experiential learning. Dr. Spencer served on the Board of Directors of the Peacework Development Fund for over two decades working to unite academics and communities around the world. She has visited and worked with local organizations in Nicaragua, Belize, Thailand, and Vietnam. Dr. Spencer has published on such topics as globalization, gender pay equity, law and economics, and higher education funding.
- Ph.D. University of Notre Dame
- M.A. University of Notre Dame
- B.S. Radford University
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Law & Economics
- Money & Banking
- Labor Economics
- International Trade
- Economic Development
- Senior Seminar
Most recent publication: “Funding Higher Education: Negotiating a Fundamental Tension” Virginia Social Science Journal, Vol. 50, 2015.
- Department Chair and Associate Professor of Economics, Emory & Henry College
- Vice President, Virginia Social Science Association, Fall 2018
- Service Manager, Banking Industry
- Former Board Member, Peacework Development Fund, Inc.