The mission of the Office of Institutional Research and Institutional Effectiveness is to enhance the College’s institutional performance and student learning by (1) facilitating continuous improvement through institutional effectiveness and (2) supporting institutional planning, policy formation, and decision making through institutional research.
The OIRIE supports both internal and external constituents through:
- Institutional effectiveness: the systematic, explicit, and documented process of measuring performance against mission in all aspects of an institution.
- Assessment: the systematic collection, review, and use of information about educational programs undertaken for the purpose of improving student learning and development.
- Accreditation: the process of assuring the educational quality and continuous improvement of an institution.
- Strategic planning: the systematic process of envisioning a desired future, and translating this vision into broadly defined goals or objectives and a sequence of steps to achieve them.
- Institutional research: research conducted within an institution of higher education to provide information that supports institutional planning, policy formation and decision-making.
- Data management and reporting: the process of providing accurate, timely data in an understandable format in order to support decision-making, planning, and policy development.