Register with our Office

Disability Support Services provides services to students with documented disabilities.

How to Register with our Office for Academic Accommodations

Current students can register with the Office of Disability Support Services by following these steps:

  1. Review eligibility and documentation guidelines here.
  2. Submit documentation of your disability or diagnosis to the Accessibility Coordinator. This can be accomplished by email (, by fax (276-944-6180), or by mail (see below). Please include a cover sheet if information is sent via fax, in order to maintain confidentiality.

    Accessibility Coordinator
    Paul Adrian Powell, III Student Success Center
    Emory & Henry College
    P.O. Box 947
    Emory, VA 24327
  3. Submit the Disability Disclosure and Accommodation Request Form, found below. This form initiates consideration for all accommodation requests and must be submitted by the student to the Accessibility Coordinator via fax, mail, or email.
  4. Meet with the Accessibility Coordinator. You can make an appointment by emailing or by calling 276-944-6792.

Housing Accommodation Request

Current students can request a housing accommodation by following these steps:

  1. Review the housing accommodation policy and procedures.
  2. Complete the housing accommodation form provided below. Requests for the Fall semester must be submitted no later than February 15th for current students and May 15th for new students. Requests for the Spring semester must be submitted no later than October 15th. Any requests made after these dates may not be eligible for review.
  3. Submit documentation from your healthcare provider that includes your documentation of your disability and a statement on why a housing accommodation is necessary. If you’d like a copy of our Health Care Provider Form, you can request this by emailing the Accessibility Coordinator (

All housing accommodation requests and supporting documentation will be reviewed by the Accessibility Coordinator to determine eligibility. The Accessibility Coordinator will provide approved housing accommodations to Housing and Residence life. The student will be notified of their approval status by the Accessibility Coordinator and their room assignment by Housing and Residence Life. Please note, a housing accommodation approval may not guarantee that your accommodation can be met by Housing and Residence Life if rooms are unavailable.

If you have any questions, please contact the Accessibility Coordinator by email at