Register with our Office
Disability Support Services provides services to students with documented disabilities.
How to Register with our Office for Academic Accommodations
Current students can register with the Office of Disability Support Services by following these steps:
- Review eligibility and documentation guidelines here.
- Submit documentation of your disability or diagnosis to the Director of Disability Support Services. This can be accomplished by email (email@example.com), by fax (276-944-6180), or by mail (see below). Please include a cover sheet if information is sent via fax, in order to maintain confidentiality.
Director of Disability Support Services
Powell Resource Center
Emory & Henry College
P.O. Box 947
Emory, VA 24327
- Submit the Disability Disclosure and Accommodation Request Form, found below. This form initiates consideration for all accommodation requests and must be submitted by the student to the Director of Disability Support Services via fax, mail, or email.
- Meet with the Director of Disability Support Services. You can make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 276-944-6145.
Housing Accommodation Request
Current students can request a housing accommodation by following these steps:
- Review the housing accommodation policy and procedures.
- Complete the housing accommodation form provided below. Requests for the Fall semester must be submitted no later than February 15th for current students and June 15th for new students. Requests for the Spring semester must be submitted no later than October 15th. Any requests made after these dates may not be eligible for review.
- Submit documentation from your healthcare provider that includes your documentation of your disability and a statement on why a housing accommodation is necessary. If you’d like a copy of our Health Care Provider Form, you can request this by emailing the Director of Disability Support Services (email@example.com).
All housing accommodation requests and supporting documentation will be reviewed by the Director of Disability Support Services to determine eligibility. The Director of Disability Support Services will provide approved housing accommodations to Housing and Residence life. The student will be notified of their approval status by the Director of Disability Support Services and their room assignment by Housing and Residence Life. Please note, a housing accommodation approval may not guarantee that your accommodation can be met by Housing and Residence Life if rooms are unavailable.
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Disability Support Services by phone, at 276-698-9608, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.