Read and Write
Read and Write is a text-to-speech program available (for free!) to all Emory & Henry students. This program can help speed up reading, improve comprehension, organize writing, and more! Try it today!
NOTE: When clicking the links below to obtain the software, you will be prompted to enter your credentials for access to the files — they’re password protected. Enter your Emory & Henry College campus network credentials to gain access. For example, the userwould enter “phenry” only for user name, then the password associated with that account.
Having issues? Contact Scott Kitts for assistance.
Mac Download Instructions:
- Download and unzip the folder Read & Write Gold for Mac to your desktop from the link provided.
- When prompted for download, select “Download anyway”.
- Once downloaded, copy the Read and Write Gold application to your application folder.
- Click on Read and Write Gold to start the application.
- Make sure Radio button beside, “I accept the license agreement” has a dot. If not, click the radio button to place the dot inside the button.
- Click, “Ok”.
- On activation screen, click “Activate”. You do not have to enter a serial number. Software should now be activated.
Window / PC Download Instructions:
- Copy and Extract the Setup.zip file
- Run the Setup.exe file on your home computer The software should begin to install.
- Once the installation process is complete, instruct them to run the Read&Write Software via the desktop or programs shortcut.
- Read & Write will start and the student will be asked to activate. No number needs to be entered, just click Activate.
- The activation process should complete and the Read&Write software should be available on your computer.
Sonocent Audio Note-taker
Sonocent Audio Note-taker is a program offered only as an accommodation for a documented disability. If you would like to learn more, please contact the Powell Resource Center.