Residence Life


Living on the E&H campus is a unique experience and an integral part of the college experience.

The historic campus maintains the scenic beauty of Central Appalachia but gives convenient access to the region’s activities and culture. On-campus residents find there are always friends and activities with which to engage. The E&H campus features 20 residence halls with co-ed and single-gender accommodations. Residence halls feature resident advisors to assist students as they acclimating to their new surroundings.

Campus Housing

  • First-Year Housing: Elm & Hickory Halls

    First-Year Housing: Elm & Hickory Halls

    Elm & Hickory Halls provide modern, comfortable rooms in an attractive setting. You and a roommate will enjoy a spacious environment that is conducive to both studying and meeting friends. Elm and Hickory Halls are located on a residential quad that gives students easy access to on-campus food establishments as well as recreational and athletic facilities. Each room in both halls serves as a double room with a private bathroom and there are two laundry rooms located in each hall.

    Elm Hall


    Hickory Hall Residents


    Elm & Hickory Hall Rooms

  • First-Year & Upperclassmen Housing: Wiley-Jackson Hall

    Wiley-Jackson Hall

    The largest residence hall on campus that houses both first-year students and upperclassmen, Wiley-Jackson Hall is popular for its access to parking and to the center of campus, placing it in easy walking distance to McGlothlin-Street Hall, a main academic building, as well as Kelly Library and Memorial Chapel.

    Wiley-Jackson Hall


    Wiley-Jackson Hall Rooms

  • Hillman Hall

    Hillman Residence Hall

    Hillman Hall is a traditional-style residence hall that is popular among students who desire easy access to the King Health and Physical Education Center and to the Van Dyke Dining Hall. This residence hall boasts 80 single-occupancy rooms in a co-educational environment that is conducive to privacy and study as well as community activity. There are three lounges located in the building and a laundry room on the ground floor.

    Hillman Hall

  • Sullins Hall

    Sullins Residence Hall

    A co-ed residence hall, Sullins Hall is a quiet place, yet located near “the action.” Just across the street stands two important buildings for the visual and performing arts: Byars Hall, the main academic building for the arts, and the McGlothlin Center for the Arts, a state-of-the-art facility for performance and art exhibition.

    Sullins Residence Hall

  • Village Houses: Cambridge, Carter, Prillaman, Russell Houses

    Village Houses: Cambridge, Carter, Prillaman, and Russell Houses

    The Village houses are intentionally designed spaces that promote small community life. Each house provides eight spacious double rooms and four single rooms. The rooms are set up in a suite configuration, allowing two rooms to share a common area in the house including a kitchen, living room and study area. Laundry machines are located within each house.

    Each Village house serves as a Living & Learning Community and creates community living experiences for students within specific programs or areas of focus. Cambridge House includes several incoming and returning transfer students. Carter House serves as the College’s Spiritual Life house. Prillaman House includes residents who are members of the College’s Adventure Team and residents passionate about eco-house living. Russell House includes residents from the College’s Honors Program and International Students.

    Russell House


    Cambridge House


    Prillaman House


    Carter House


    Rooms in the Village Houses

  • Village Townhouse Apartments

    The Village

    Located just across the street from the main campus, the Village Townhouse Apartments are students an opportunity for more independence and small community life.

    Each apartment includes a shared living room and a full kitchen. There are three bedrooms with two students in each and a private bathroom located beside each bedroom. A large laundry room is located on the ground floor of the McPherson Center, which is located in the Village beside the apartment buildings.

    Village Apartments

  • Weaver Hall
    Weaver Hall


    Tall trees, sweeping lawns and classic architecture define this historic, yet comfortable residence hall located next to the main campus in the Emory Village. Weaver Hall is the main residence hall for the College’s Honors Program. Residents enjoy spacious rooms, up-to-date bathroom facilities, and plentiful adjacent parking. A laundry room is located on the ground floor.

    Weaver Residence Hall


    Weaver Hall Rooms

Campus Map Campus Safety  Health Center Inclusion Programs

Upcoming Featured Events

Campus Calendar

  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/664-can-first-year-students-have-cars-on-campus">Can first-year students have cars on campus?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer">Yes, you are able to have a car on campus. All students must register their vehicle through the Campus Police Office. To register a vehicle, please click <a href="" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">here</a>.</div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1404-if-i-need-help-in-the-residence-halls-who-will">If I need help in the residence halls, who will help me?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">Emory & Henry College prides itself on being able to provide individualized care for our students. Each residence hall on campus is assigned to a Resident Advisor, who serves as a student employee within Housing & Residence Life and receives extensive training and certifications on assisting our students. Additionally, each residence hall and Resident Advisor is assigned to an Area Coordinator, who serves as a professional live-in staff member. The professional and student staff assist students with any need they may have within the residence halls and connect students to other campus resources as well.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1398-can-i-have-a-pet-if-so-what-kind-of-pet-can-i-have">Can I have a pet? If so, what kind of pet can I have?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">Currently, no pets are permitted in the residential facilities with the exception of fish contained in a tank equal to or less than ten (10) gallons (per apartment, suite, or room).</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1394-what-is-included-in-a-meal-plan">What is included in a meal plan?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">Meal plans are structured around the number of meals it is expected that a student will eat each semester within campus dining locations. First-year students are eligible for the 14 and the 19 meal plans. Each plan includes Flex Cash, which can be used to purchase additional meals and items from the campus convenience store located in the Martin-Brock Student Center, and GET Funds, which can be used at the Emory Mercantile & Bookstore and Macado’s. To learn more about the meal plans, please click <a href="/financial-aid/tuition-fees/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">here</a>.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1375-how-is-housing-assigned-for-first-year-students">How is housing assigned for first-year students?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">All incoming students who have committed to Emory & Henry College and paid their deposits will complete the Housing Agreement & Residence Life Data Form. The form will collect information about each student’s habits, interests, and needs to best assign campus housing and match compatible roommates. Students are assigned housing and notified about housing assignments via their Emory & Henry email address.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1400-how-big-should-my-microfridge-and-microwave-be">How big should my microfridge and microwave be?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">Microwaves must be UL approved and less than 1000 Watts. Microfridges must be UL approved and no larger than 4.6 cubic feet. Bring appliances outside of the restrictions have the potential to exceed the electrical capacity of the room/building, may frequently flip breakers, and damage the appliances. To learn more about standards for appliances, please review the</span> <a href=""><span style="font-weight: 400;">Community Living Guide</span></a><span style="font-weight: 400;">.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/762-how-do-i-select-my-room-for-next-year">How do I select my room for next year?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer">Students will participate in a housing selection process in the spring semester. Rising senior, juniors and sophomore students will be assigned random housing selection numbers and assigned housing based on their selection number after completing the Housing Agreement & Selection Form. For more information on the housing selection process, please contact the Housing & Residence Life Office at </div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/759-who-do-i-contact-to-place-a-work-order-request-for">Who do I contact to place a work order request for my room?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer">Students can place a work order request by completing the <a href="/residence-life/work-orders/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">work order request form</a>, contacting their Resident Advisor to enter a work order request for them, or contacting the Housing & Residence Life Office at or (276) 944-6529. </div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1393-how-will-i-do-my-laundry">How will I do my laundry?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">Laundry facilities are available to every residential student within the residence halls and the cost of laundry is factored into their housing fee. There is no need for coins.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1391-when-will-first-year-students-move-into-the">When will first-year students move into the residence halls?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">All first-year students who have not been required to move into the halls early for athletic or affinity programs will move into their residence hall room on the first day of fall student orientation. To learn more about orientation, please click</span> <a href=""><span style="font-weight: 400;">here</span></a><span style="font-weight: 400;">.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1377-how-much-does-it-cost-to-live-in-campus-housing">How much does it cost to live in campus housing?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">Please click</span> <span style="font-weight: 400;"><a href="/financial-aid/tuition-fees/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">here</a> </span><span style="font-weight: 400;">to view the costs associated with campus housing.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1406-i-dont-have-a-car-is-there-a-transportation">I don’t have a car. Is there a transportation service?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">The College provides a transportation service called the Emory Cab. To learn more about the Emory Cab, please click</span> <a href=""><span style="font-weight: 400;">here</span></a><span style="font-weight: 400;">.</span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1382-what-are-the-residence-hall-bathrooms-like-in">What are the residence hall bathrooms like in first-year halls?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">In Elm & Hickory Halls, private bathrooms include standard bathroom amenities. Accessible bathrooms are available. Wiley-Jackson Hall common bathrooms are located on each hall with two bathrooms located on each floor. Each bathroom includes three private shower areas, private toilet stalls, and other standard bathroom amenities. </span></div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/764-can-i-bring-my-own-bedfurniture">Can I bring my own bed/furniture?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer">No, students must use the furniture that is provided in the room. Each assigned space is fully furnished and residents may not bring extra personal furniture into their room/suite/apartment without written authorization from the Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Housing & Residence Life or designee. By prohibiting personal furniture, such as couches, futons, chairs, bean bags, etc., Housing & Residence Life is able to lessen the likelihood of infestations, bacteria, and other issues from upholstered furniture. To learn more about items permitted and prohibited in the residence halls, please review the <a href="/live/files/381-508emory-henry-college-community-living-guide" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Community Living Guide</a>.</div></aside>
  • <aside class="faq-widget"><div class="faq-widget-question"><a href="/live/blurbs/1402-are-the-residence-halls-co-ed-or-single-gender">Are the residence halls co-ed or single gender housing?</a></div><div class="faq-widget-answer"><span style="font-weight: 400;">All of the residence halls at Emory & Henry College are co-ed, gender inclusive residential communities.</span></div></aside>