Spring 2024 Move-in Schedule
Spring Move-In Dates by Appointment:
- New, Incoming Students: Saturday, January 6, 2024
- Returning Students: Saturday, January 6, 2024
Students will be assigned specific timeslots to retrieve their orientation items, student IDs, keys, and complete any additional enrollment paperwork, and room key from the McGlothlin Center for the Arts. These timeslots are in 1-hour increments, but students will be expected to do the following when they arrive to campus:
- Retrieve orientation materials, student ID, room key, and complete any additional enrollment paperwork needed at the McGlothlin Center for the Arts.
- Drive to assigned residence hall and begin unloading items onto a designated table. Fraternity & Sorority Life volunteers will begin taking the student’s items to their room. NOTE: Please mark building and room number on ALL items to make this process easier.
- As soon as your vehicle is completely unloaded, please have someone move the vehicle to the parking lot nearest to your building.
- Unpack, decorate, and settle in.
- Most of all, relax! We’re here to help and make this an easy process!
How to Pack
The move-in experience at Emory & Henry College is fast-paced, so it’s important to know how to pack properly to ensure your stuff is quickly placed in the right room.
- Avoid loose items.
- carefully pack all items in a secure containers (such as boxes, plastic totes, or suitcases).
- Pack tightly to prevent breakage.
- Label EVERY container with your name, residence hall, room number, and cell phone #.
- Load as much as possible into one or two vehicles. Trailers and moving vans are highly discouraged.
The Office of Housing & Residence Life has prepared a comprehensive list of items to bring and items that are prohibited in the residence halls. Please review this document prior to your arrival.