Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College, a premier College Equine Program is proud to offer 3 collegiate riding camps catering to riders ages 14-18 through the Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp.
Registration is currently open for 2018 Camps! Space is limited, apply early to secure your spot!
Session 1: June 19 – 23, 2018
Session 2: June 26 – 30, 2018
Session 3: July 17 – 21, 2018
Participants in the camps will stay overnight in the dorms on the beautiful Emory & Henry campus and ride at the Intermont Equestrian Center, home of the colleges 19 national championship equestrian teams.
The camps are designed for serious riders who wish to compete in collegiate riding, are part of an Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) team or just want to improve their riding skills. Riders applying for the camps should have an intermediate or better level of riding proficiency and be comfortable jumping a course of jumps at 2’6” and/or schooling first level dressage.
In addition participants will have some non-horse related activities that will allow them to enjoy the offerings of the Emory & Henry campus and the surrounding area—nestled in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains.
Emory & Henry College Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Program will supply food, lodging and some equipment for each student.
You are asked to bring the following items:
- Riding boots
- Approved ASTM/SEI certified helmet with properly fastened chinstrap
Now under the care of Emory & Henry College, the 120-acre riding center (off I-81, exit 10) has indoor and outdoor arenas and a cross-country course suitable for competitions and hands-on training.
Facilities include a state-of-the-art riding center, surrounded by rolling hills and stunning landscapes. The college provides 40 quality school horses, but students are welcome to bring their own horses when space is available.
- 250 x 150 and 200 x 100 foot indoor arenas
- 350 x 200 foot outdoor arena
- The A.J. Coyle Memorial Cross-Country Course
- 40 quality school horses
- 28-stall boarder barn for student horses
- A 6-horse gooseneck Sundowner van
- A 2-horse trailer for transportation to shows
- 9 large grass paddocks
- 4 tack rooms
- USA Equestrian regulation jumps
- More than 80 box stalls
- 3 wash stalls with hot and cold water
- Laundry facilities
- Classroom/viewing room
Tuition is $1000 per student.
You will be contacted via email or phone about your application. Once your application is accepted, a deposit of $300 will be due within two weeks to hold your spot.
Full payment must be received no later than 30 days prior to the camp start date.
Cancellations prior to the due date of full payment (30 days prior to camp start date) will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations after the full payment is received will not be refunded unless your spot may be filled from a waiting list. If your spot is filled from a waiting list, then all but the deposit will be refunded.
Please make out your payment by check to: Emory & Henry College Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp. We gladly accept personal checks.
Payment can be mailed to:
Emory & Henry College
Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp
C/O Intermont Equestrian
P.O. Box 947
Emory, Virginia 24327-0947
- PAYMENT: You will be contacted via email or phone about your application. Once your application is accepted, a deposit of $300 will be due within two weeks to hold your spot. Full payment of $1,000 ($700 if already deposited) must be received no later than 30 days prior to the camp start date. Please make out your payment by check to:Emory & Henry College Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp. We gladly accept personal checks.
- REFUND POLICY: Cancellations prior to the due date of full payment (30 days prior to camp start date) will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations after the full payment is received will not be refunded unless your spot may be filled from a waiting list. If your spot is filled from a waiting list, then all but the deposit will be refunded. We recommend you purchase cancellation insurance for your protection. If a participant withdraws voluntarily or is sent home as a consequence of unacceptable behavior (see below), no refund of any type will be granted. It is the parents’ responsibility to cover any additional travel expenses.
- RULES: E&H Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Program maintains very high standards because we act as temporary guardians for your child. We cannot and will not tolerate use of illegal drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products during any Adventure. Illegal acts, stealing or any behavior that is detrimental to the welfare, safety, or success of the group are not acceptable. Behavior which negatively affects other students’ rights to enjoy the camp or any type of sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Dorm rooms are never co-ed. In the unfortunate instance that a rule violation should occur, immediate dismissal will most likely result. The offending participant will be sent home immediately at his/ her parents’ expense and no refund of any type will be granted. Each student agrees that they will abide by E&H Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp policies and rules for the duration of the camp.
- MEDICAL FORM/LIABILITY RELEASE: A completed and signed Medical Form and a signed Release/Assumption of Risk must be submitted for review after official acceptance. Parents are required to sign the Release/Assumption of Risk document from E&H Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp.
- MEDICAL TREATMENT: Trained Instructors have the right to administer first aid to participants, to engage the services of a physician or dentist, or to hospitalize a participant if deemed necessary. Costs will be the responsibility of parents and/ or their insurance company. Our areas of expertise do not extend to handling behavioral, psychological, motivational or rehabilitation issues.
- USING IMAGES: On occasion, E&H Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp may use images (photographs or video), written material, and/or artistic material by students in some of our future promotional materials such as our website, brochure or video.
For your convenience, you may submit forms by email or regular postal mail. The forms may be filled out electronically and saved for your records and/or printed to mail.
Submit Application by Email (preferred method):
Email a copy of your completed and signed PDF application and related forms to Lisa Moosmueller-Terry, Director of the Equestrian Center, at .
If using email, don’t forget to mail us your deposit and tuition fees by regular mail.
Submit Application by Postal Mail (allow extra time for mail):
Mail your completed and signed PDF application and related forms and payments to:
Emory & Henry College Collegiate Bound Summer Riding Camp
ATTN: Lisa Moosmueller-Terry, Director of the Equestrian Center
P.O. Box 947, Emory, VA 24327
Submit a recent photo and a video clip demonstrating your riding abilities.
Please name your files appropriately, which assists us in pairing your photo with your application:
FORMAT: [First Name]-[Last Name].[file-type]
COMMON FILE TYPES:
Photo: .jpg, jpeg, .png, .gif, .pdf, .tif, .bmp
Video: .mov, .mp4, .wmf