Healthcare Careers Camps
Encouraging a new generation of healthcare professionals.
Emory & Henry will hold its sixth annual Healthcare Careers Camps for rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
June 17- June 21, 2024
The 2024 Healthcare Careers camp is a one-week day or residential camp.
Students who are interested in exploring healthcare careers such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, nursing, athletic training, pharmacy, optometry, dentistry, chiropractic, medicine, veterinary medicine, and more are encouraged to attend the camp.
Students choose to attend either the day camp as a commuter or with on-campus housing through the residential experience. Several health professions, skills experiences, and professional shadowing opportunities will be featured each day.
Tuition for residential students living on the Emory Campus: $750/week
Tuition includes morning sessions, afternoon clinical observations & experiences, evening activities, three meals a day, and housing.
Residential students can move in on Sunday evening or Monday morning
- Early Arrival or Late Departure fees may be assessed if arriving prior to Sunday or leaving after Friday.
Tuition for commuter students includes morning sessions, lunch, and, afternoon clinical observations & experiences: $450/week
Students arrive at the Emory basecamp with their own transportation and the camp provides lunch, snacks, and transportation to additional sites and back to basecamp for guardian pickup.
- Commuter students will check in at Hickory Hall on Monday morning.
Spaces are limited to 30 campers and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact D.C. Cobler for questions regarding camp tuition.
- A non-refundable tuition deposit of $100 is required to reserve your space. Deposits should be post-marked by May 31 to guarantee space. Registration will close when seats are full or by May 31.
- Scholarships are available to support partial tuition. These funds are need-based aid.
- *Please note that refunds of paid camp tuition (less deposit) are only available if notice is received at least two weeks prior to the camp start date.
Airport Pick Up & Drop Off - $75 (includes both pick up upon arrival and transportation to the campus as well as drop off for the return flight at the end of the week.
- Early Arrival or Late Departure Fee $150/day (for residential arrivals prior to Sunday afternoon or departures after Friday evening; covers additional room & board).
About the camp days:
Each week-long experience is comprised of a classroom & workshop component daily from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (ET)
- The sessions feature presenters from a wide range of healthcare fields.
- Faculty and staff members from Emory & Henry’s Health Sciences Campus, including faculty in the Exercise Science and Nursing programs, as well as local healthcare providers will lead the academic sessions. In addition, while participating in the camp, students will have the opportunity to gain knowledge about specific healthcare professions and become more career and life-ready with our VanVlissingen Center for Career & Professional Development staff.
Afternoon Experiences: 1:30-4:00 p.m. EST
This camp provides students with observation opportunities at several local healthcare facilities in Bristol, Smyth & Washington counties and our clinical simulation lab and cadaver lab to experience the field first-hand.
Parents or guardians are responsible for the timely transportation of students to base camp if choosing the commuter option. Commuter and residential students are provided transportation from the Emory basecamp to the Health Sciences campus and local healthcare facility observation sites and back to the basecamp in Hickory Hall.
Evening programming for Residential Students: 6:30-8:00 p.m. EST
After dinner, residential students will engage in additional educational and social programming to enhance their professional portfolios and skills. Students will have opportunities to interact and learn from E&H faculty & staff in addition to students in both undergraduate pre-health programs and our graduate health sciences programs.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by email. If you need further assistance, please contact D.C. Cobler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need-based financial assistance is available for students to help reduce tuition. Please contact Dr. Cobler for questions regarding camp tuition and scholarships.
Currently, tuition deposits and tuition can only be accepted by mailing a check.
Electronic payment may be coming later in the spring!
Attn: D.C. Cobler
Emory & Henry, Healthcare Careers Summer Camp
P.O. Box 947
Emory, VA 24327-0947
*Please note that refunds of paid camp tuition (less deposit) are only available if notice is received at least two weeks prior to the camp start date.
Health Forms can be mailed with the tuition deposit/tuition payment or submitted electronically.
Deposits are non-refundable. Tuition refunds (less deposit) are available for those who pay in full and give notice of cancellation at least two weeks prior to the camp start date.
- Flight Information & Travel Request (Required for airport pickups)
- Early Arrival/Late Departure Request