WEHC 90.7 FM
WEHC is your College and Community station located in Emory, VA on the Emory & Henry College campus.
Make a gift to WEHC. The quality programming that we provide is unique to Southwest Virginia and valuable to efforts to promote and sustain this region. Additionally, the support you give to WEHC contributes to the futures of college students seeking to make a difference by helping to better inform the communities of our region.
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Harry Baya “Wombats & Music”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> </p><p><img width="364" height="484" alt="Harry Baya" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/364/height/484/4331_hb_4_wehc.rev.1532374992.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image4331 lw_align_center" data-max-w="239" data-max-h="318"/></p><p> My weekly show on WEHC, “Wombats & Music”, gives me the joy of finding music I love and feel good about sharing with others. WEHC has encouraged me to invite guests to select the show’s music and then co-host the show with me. My experience has been that those I invite are usually delighted to be on WEHC, often bring music new to me, and have enriched my show.</p></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Dirk Moore “Local Lens & Together to Get There”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><div/><div/><div><img width="432" height="725" alt="Dirk Moore" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/432/height/725/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1800,3020/4317_20180717_114713.rev.1531918930.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image4317 lw_align_center" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/52/width/432/height/725/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1800,3020/4317_20180717_114713.rev.1531918930.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/52/width/432/height/725/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1800,3020/4317_20180717_114713.rev.1531918930.jpg 3x" data-max-w="1800" data-max-h="3200"/></div><div/><div><strong>Local Lens:</strong></div><div/><div> Hosting Local Lens has been a wonderful experience. I have enjoyed bringing local perspectives on news events that are happening in our region and in our world. This approach to information radio is important to a growing need to connect the people in this region to the issues beyond Southwest Virginia that each day have a stronger impact on us.</div><div/><div><strong>Together to Get There:</strong></div><div/><div> Southwest Virginia has tremendous challenges and opportunities when it comes to economic growth. I am proud to be hosting the only broadcast in the region that regularly looks at efforts to develop the economy of Southwest Virginia and to create jobs and opportunities for this generation and future generations of area residents.</div></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Eugene Wolf “What in the World”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> </p><p><img width="600" height="338" alt="Eugene Wolf" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/600/height/338/4308_20180702_150434.rev.1531772291.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image4308 lw_align_left" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/52/width/600/height/338/4308_20180702_150434.rev.1531772291.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/52/width/600/height/338/4308_20180702_150434.rev.1531772291.jpg 3x" data-max-w="3200" data-max-h="1800"/></p><p> </p><p> WEHC-FM has opened a whole new world to me. It has given me an opportunity to explore and share music from all over this planet that speaks to our hearts. Melodies you won’t hear anywhere else. WEHC is leading the way in understanding where this world is headed.</p></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Al Bradley “Thursday Night Jazz”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> </p><p><img width="511" height="380" alt="Al Bradly" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/511/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2017,1500/4314_ACB-WEHC.rev.1531775308.JPG" class="lw_image lw_image4314 lw_align_left" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/52/width/511/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2017,1500/4314_ACB-WEHC.JPG 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/52/width/511/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2017,1500/4314_ACB-WEHC.JPG 3x" data-max-w="2587" data-max-h="1940"/></p><p> </p><p> I am responsible for “Thursday Night Jazz” at <span class="aBn" tabindex="0" data-term="goog_1360555084"><span class="aQJ">9:00 PM</span></span> each week. I do it because I have been in love with radio since very early in life. I ran errands at WBBI in Abingdon when I was 9 years old and eventually found myself doing “Abingdon After Dark” on weekday evenings at that station while in high school. I worked in television while in college but welcomed my return to radio at WEHC following my retirement in 2005. I just enjoy doing it! - </p></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Josh Floyd “Football Season Game Announcer”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> </p><p><img width="611" height="408" alt="Josh Floyd" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/611/height/408/crop/1/src_region/160,96,2713,1800/4332_20180723_160705.rev.1532377235.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image4332 lw_align_left" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/52/width/611/height/408/crop/1/src_region/160,96,2713,1800/4332_20180723_160705.rev.1532377235.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/52/width/611/height/408/crop/1/src_region/160,96,2713,1800/4332_20180723_160705.rev.1532377235.jpg 3x" data-max-w="3200" data-max-h="1800"/>WEHC means so much – not only to me, but to certainly all within our wonderful area. I have seen how this station cultivates the many talents within our region to deliver such a high-quality product.</p><p> I feel very fortunate and honored to be part of such a renowned group.</p></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Steve Fisher “Rise Up Singing”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p><img width="369" height="562" alt="Steve Fisher" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/369/height/562/4309_image012.rev.1531773005.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image4309 lw_align_center lw_column_width_half" data-max-w="420" data-max-h="640"/></p><p> Steve Fisher has been doing his music show “Rise Up Singing” on WEHC at <span class="aBn" tabindex="0" data-term="goog_679588566"><span class="aQJ">9 pm</span></span> on Wednesdays since 2006. He taught for 35 years at Emory & Henry College where he used music in most all of his classes to let the “people’s voice” into the classroom. He is a long-time peace, social justice, and Appalachian activist and has seen the importance of music in people’s daily lives and struggles. <em>Although he can’t carry a tune and doesn’t play an instrument since he sold his high-school band clarinet, music is most certainly at the core of his life.</em> Being able to hear live music on a regular basis is part of what keeps him happy and sane. He has eclectic musical tastes that include Americana, alternative country, folk, blues, rock, and the explicitly political. <em>He’s been in love with Emmylou Harris for almost 40 years and plays her songs regularly on his show but she still won’t respond to his letters.</em></p></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Thank You for Your Support</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p><img width="389" height="308" alt="Thank you" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/389/height/308/8775_dk-blue-gold-thank-you2.rev.1603219914.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image8775 lw_align_left lw_block" data-max-w="389" data-max-h="308"/>Thanks to everyone who donated in our Closer Thank Ever Fund Drive. You helped us reach our goal! Our need for your support continues. If you’ve yet to donate – now is the time to show your support – and keep the critical news you rely on – on the air!</p><p style="text-align: center;"><a class="btn-small-blue" href="/wehc/make-a-gift/">Donate Now!</a></p></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Bill Campbell “Vocal Treasures”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> </p><p><img width="611" height="322" alt="Bill Campbell" src="/live/image/gid/52/width/611/height/322/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2515,1325/4315_20180703_112152.rev.1531776368.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image4315 lw_align_left" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/52/width/611/height/322/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2515,1325/4315_20180703_112152.rev.1531776368.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/52/width/611/height/322/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2515,1325/4315_20180703_112152.rev.1531776368.jpg 3x" data-max-w="3200" data-max-h="1800"/></p><p> </p><p> Vocal Treasures is heard on Tuesdays from 3 pm to 4 pm. The host of the show is Bill Campbell who sang in the chorus of the Virginia Opera in Norfolk for about 13 seasons. All of the recordings used on the program are from Bill’s extension collection. The show features at songs, selections from opera and oratorio, music from Broadway and Holly wood musicals etc. </p></div>
- <h4 class="lw_blurbs_title">Bill McKee “Road Unknown”</h4><div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> </p><p><img width="334" height="500" alt="Bill McKee " src="/live/image/gid/52/width/334/height/500/4302_unnamed.rev.1531236722.jpg" class="lw_image lw_image4302 lw_align_center" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/52/width/334/height/500/4302_unnamed.rev.1531236722.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/52/width/334/height/500/4302_unnamed.rev.1531236722.jpg 3x" data-max-w="1543" data-max-h="2308"/></p><div> We are your neighbors, co-workers, teachers, professors, musicians, professionals and everyday people who dedicate our time and resources to serving the station and its goals to serve you, our neighbors, our communities, our region and connect you to the world. We strive to assist WEHC in providing incredible educational opportunities to the students of Emory & Henry College as they prepare to make their way in the world. We are here to serve you, to serve the college and offer programming on a wide variety of topics and interest for all members of our listening audience. From Bluegrass, to the Bible to in-depth discussions on sometimes difficult and very relevant topics, to hard driving Rock & Roll and most everything in between you can find it all here on WEHC. There’s programming exploring women’s issues, energy and living healthy on a healthy planet, In depth and insight interviews hosted by Dr. Teresa Keller, and so very much more. Tune in, tell your family, friends and neighbors what can be found right here in their own backyard.</div><div> We are locally sourced and globally connected, streaming live online at <a href="http://wehcfm.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" data-saferedirecturl="https://www.google.com/url?hl=en&q=http://WEHCFM.com&source=gmail&ust=1531322916154000&usg=AFQjCNEN6roBA6TkRNFagctNltkHfQOqkg">WEHCFM.com</a> for anyone who is beyond the reach of our 9,000 Watt Solar Powered Broadcast tower.</div><div> Our website is currently being updated. Check it out at <a href="http://wehcfm.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" data-saferedirecturl="https://www.google.com/url?hl=en&q=http://WEHCFM.com&source=gmail&ust=1531322916154000&usg=AFQjCNEN6roBA6TkRNFagctNltkHfQOqkg">WEHCFM.com</a></div><div> We love what we do and we love bringing you the best our region and the world has to offer.</div></div>
Want to donate your car or vehicle to WEHC?
We are proud to participate in this storied public radio tradition and offer a new way to give to Emory & Henry College and your college and community station. Your gift is tax deductible and hassle free. Find out more, or you can call 855-500-7433.